GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: PIC Size??

Default PIC Size??

Alright people...I just got a digital camera for christmas from the wifey...how the heck can I make the pictures just the right size??? I've used a digital camera before, but not really edited to share...Is the correct way to size the picture from the strech and skew?? If I do it to much it just starts looking ugly...when I upload it from the camera it has a resolution of like 2348x2136, thats hella big....I wanna share some picks or add to my sig, but I don't want something huge or even big....Oh yeah, I have a Fuji Finepix F20 6.3mp

Thanks guys/gals, don't mean to be such a dumba$$
    ~2ии6 GMC SIERRA GREW CAB~
    5.3L V8/Stock 3.73's/NO MODS YET
    WANTS
    20-22" Wheels, 2" Rear Drop Shackles, Cat Back Exhaust(side exit before rear tires), Shorty Headers, Cold Air Induction, Sound & Entertaiment System
    ~2ии1 Accord LX Sedan~

Quote Originally Posted by sierra818 View Post
    Alright people...I just got a digital camera for christmas from the wifey...how the heck can I make the pictures just the right size??? I've used a digital camera before, but not really edited to share...Is the correct way to size the picture from the strech and skew?? If I do it to much it just starts looking ugly...when I upload it from the camera it has a resolution of like 2348x2136, thats hella big....I wanna share some picks or add to my sig, but I don't want something huge or even big....Oh yeah, I have a Fuji Finepix F20 6.3mp

Thanks guys/gals, don't mean to be such a dumba$$
    either u can set your camera on a lower resolution or when u has downloaded
    those pics to your computer u opent those pics u want to add and use the "change size" option in PAINT ( 100-0 % change ) and then you are home to ad some pics here .. if u at a start download that modyfied pic to your desktop and then you rightclikc and look at property at the bottom you can see the new size your pic has

irFANview is a common image editor, its free and easy to use, "image" - "resize-resample" and half/double or select your size.
    this is the home page http://www.irfanview.com/ and
    you can download it here, .... http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

Legend

Since it sounds like you're using paint, and somewhat familiar with it, you may as well stick with what you know.
    Load your picture into MS Paint, and then click "Image" at the top of the screen, then choose "Attributes" from the drop down menu. This will open a small window that allows you to resize the image.
    There is no physical size limitation on uploading "jpg" files, but the byte size cannot exceed 97.7kb to be uploaded to this site. I suggest an image size of no larger than 800x600.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Default Fine art

I recommend smaller pics around 640x480 but 800x600 is good, especially for fine art like:
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I'll take a look at the settings, but for the most part it has to do with the file size in bytes, not the overall display dimensions. (I could be wrong, I've not looked at all of the hundreds of configuration options)

If I can scrape up $130, we can get a top of the line plug in called PhotoPost, which allows each user a certain amount of storage space, you get to upload photos of any size and it will resize it for you automatically including creating thumbnails for you, and all that sort of good stuff.

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/s...php?photo=3879

I think that's the ultimate solution. Then you just take a photo from your camera, upload it and the system will do the rest. The only problem is that I'm $130 short of the $130 goal.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    I recommend smaller pics around 640x480 but 800x600 is good, especially for fine art like:
    Fine art indeed!!!

Thank you all very much for your help...when I get home tonight I'll be sure to mess around that. Again thanks for your help, and I'll be sure to show my truck, all though stock and average...it's my pride and joy!

for your camera, check p.53-57 in your manual, if you don't have it get it from here https://www.fujifilm.ca/x8429.xml ...... 640x480 is a smaller format, the picture detail is lost a tad, for detail pics a higher format is required and croping the image.

just to clarify .... the previously posted picture wasn't taken by a Fuji Finepix F20

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by