GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you do it?

Default Can you do it?

I was wonderin if you can get a 3" leveling kit and a 3" body lift so you would pretty much just have a 6" lift?
    2000 Chevrolet silverado Z71
    Straight Y pipe w/ 4" tips
    Rough Country full leveling kit
    Km2's
    16x8 XD Hoss
    Golight
    4 KC Slimlites
    Manik brushguard
    2 JL Audio 10" w3's w/ 600 watt amp
    Rhino Bed Liner

yes yes yes. i have a leveling kit and plan to add a 1.5" BL to make my truck sit higher
    -20% Window Tint
    -Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Exhaust
    -2.25" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit
    -325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    -18x9 Helo 835's
    -Pioneer AVH-p4200dvd Headunit

goood. Cause i cant afford a 6" lift. Do you think i should go with bigger shocks?
    2000 Chevrolet silverado Z71
    Straight Y pipe w/ 4" tips
    Rough Country full leveling kit
    Km2's
    16x8 XD Hoss
    Golight
    4 KC Slimlites
    Manik brushguard
    2 JL Audio 10" w3's w/ 600 watt amp
    Rhino Bed Liner

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think your truck will look great after you do this! Keep us informed on how its going.
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Quote Originally Posted by drakeoz71 View Post
    goood. Cause i cant afford a 6" lift. Do you think i should go with bigger shocks?
    If you just do a leveling kit (3") you won't need shocks, the body lift doesn't involve the suspension at all.
    Adam

I have a 3" body lift with a 3" leveling kit on my truck running 35" tires . you will need new shocks for the leveling kit as it raises the front suspension .
    [/SIGPIC]2001 gmc 1500 ex cab,3" body lift,3" leveling kit,315/75/16 hancook dynapro mt's, punched cats, custom flowmaster exhaust, k&n with custom intake,camo kit, Dual trumpet air horns,Siren, Custom camo interior LIFT IT FAT GIRLS CANT JUMP

yea you can do it, but the rear is still gonna only be at 3". You could always add a 1" or 2" block in the back tho under your leaf springs. And yes, I would highly recommend new shocks in the front
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

If you plan on using your truck for hauling and towing a lot of miles I would stick with a leveling kit and 33" tires, anything bigger is going to make it worse for towing and hauling and probably cause problems as the miles rack up, plus you will have issues getting warranty work if you need it on the drivetrain.

-----------------------------------
    castors
    wheel castors

I say again, with a 3" leveling kit on a 1500, you don't need shocks.
    Adam

You dont "need" new shocks but i would recomend them as you WILL be raising the front suspension three inches therfore decreasing your upper shock travel by three inches . Its better to have longer shocks than to take the chance of limiting out the upper shock travel on stock shocks
    [/SIGPIC]2001 gmc 1500 ex cab,3" body lift,3" leveling kit,315/75/16 hancook dynapro mt's, punched cats, custom flowmaster exhaust, k&n with custom intake,camo kit, Dual trumpet air horns,Siren, Custom camo interior LIFT IT FAT GIRLS CANT JUMP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast