GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: How much have you spent on Upgrades/Modifications to your current vehicle?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $100.00

13 11.50%
  • $100-$499

14 12.39%
  • $500-$999

25 22.12%
  • $1000-$1999

14 12.39%
  • $2000.00 or more

47 41.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modifications

I bought my Silverado about 2 years ago. It currently has +120K on the Engine. Im, I dont know if i should start doing modifications with a car with such high mileage. I want to but alot of people have told me that its a mad investment. I think diffrent. If some one can tell me what I should do it will give me a good start.

Thanks.

Minor cosmetic upgrades. Still under warranty so don't want to give the new GM a reason not to repair under warranty. Battling them now as 5.3 idles rough and they say they can not duplicate it. I said lets go start it up. When we do it idles rough and they say scanner doesn't say anything is wrong. HUh?

I'd be curious to see these results if you increased the numbers. $2k is pretty easy to hit. If you count my tires which went from the factory to ATs along with the wheels, that's almost 2k. If you only count the wheels, that's 800. Give me a month and I'll be well over 2k.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Jr. Mechanic

I've invested close to $9,000 >< Its my daily driver but I love turning heads everyhwere I go
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

I have lucked out (so far). I work at a Chevy dealer and have a sales manager thats really cool. I'm only out about 6 bucks for all that I've got in my truck. I swapped my stockers for 20's....even, did the lower bumper swap from gray to black....swapped even, the Gibson catback was on the truck when I bought it, the bedliner was donated from the dealership, and all I've really spent money on is the paint for the bowtie and grill.

Only spent 150 for my level spacer and block,150 for shortie headers and 10 series muffler and 200 for my mirrors on my silverado. Did all they paint and work myself so it saved money. All my money goes into the cobras since the 65 is finally done. That trucks got a book thicker than most my textbooks full of recites and what not
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    In 12 years I added dual exhaust, a K&N filter and a add on XM receiver that plugs into the tape deck. I am a cheap bastard.
    Me too Caddiac, but I prefer the word frugal.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Just getting started and of course wheels are last. Some people would say they are first, but I think it's the icying on the cake.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Me too Caddiac, but I prefer the word frugal.
    Nice ride! I have been out of pocket for several months. It was easy until I see trucks like yours.....
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    Nice ride! I have been out of pocket for several months. It was easy until I see trucks like yours.....
    So glad to see you back, is everything okay. I hope all is well with you and yours. Hope to see you around the site more soon.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast