GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Gmtc

To me: It is a place to visit, read, learn and share my lil knowledge of Trucks. I enjoy coming here to escape my job, or normal stressors of life. I like to see the pictures, and mods others are doing. I hope my posts help others. I also enjoy the picture and messages one gets about their work in progress.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Urban Tactical Design
    2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    -Tint
    -Debadged
    -Custom Grill Insert
    -Nerf Bars Steps
    -Leer Canopy with Thule Racks 100XL
    -285 65 18's
    -Incubus"Recoil" Wheels18x9
    -Tuff Country 2 inch Level Lift
    -Weather Tech Molded Mud Guards
    -Thule MOAB Basket (painted)
    -Reverse Lights mounted rear of steps (55w)
    -Garmin GPS (Portable)
    -Flo-Pro Exhaust 40 series
    Winter Set
    265 70 17's on stock z71 wheels painted xtreme liner black

Sr. Apprentice black03silverado's Avatar

a great site to meet new folks and get ideas and tips for our toys!!
    2008 chevrolet silverado ec/sb 5.3L Z71
    magnaflow dual cat-back exhaust
    K&N filter
    chrome grille
    chrome mirror and door handles
    bed caps
    gm boxliner
    stainless tube steps
    chrome bugger
    ventshades

There are some really great people on this site who are very helpful. I've learned alot since joining and still learn something every day. I love the things you guys and girls do to your chevys and my truck wouldn't look the way it does today without this site, so i thank everyone involved
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Jr. Engineer

I was just going to write a thread about how great this site is. Really. I've learned a ton. I've always had a keen interest in how things work, and DIY projects. I will admit that I'm not afraid to let someone else work on my truck, but that's mainly because my knowledge and experience isn't extensive enough yet to do everything myself.

That and I don't always have the time to do it by myself for the first time and learn as I go. However, with each new thing I complete, I become more confident and knowledgeable. Right now since I have lots of free time, I browse the forums at least once a day trying to help out other people as much as I can in an attempt to give back what I have learned so far. I've only been here a week and I've learned a ton. Watching other people work on their rigs and talk about how many miles they've got on original engines/transmissions really inspires me to take good care of my truck and do a lot of the easy preventative maintenance that many people skip until something breaks.

So thank you, very much, everyone for your help and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated! Hopefully one day I can be the guy spreading the knowledge and answering everyone's questions instead of asking them.
    SEAFOAM, I PUT THAT @#!$ IN EVERYTHING!

2004 Silverado LS 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    260,000+ km

I come to this site because of the people who are on it. Everyone is always extremely kind and helpful. On other Gm sites when I would ask a question it would never get answered or if someone did answer it they would be really sarcastic about it. Here everyone answers the questions even if the question has been answered several times.

I do wish their was more suspension and Electrical Customization on the site, but their seems to be a lot more of that lately.
    Last edited by ZSI52; 03-18-2010 at 12:31 PM.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

It's a means to escape from the stress of day-to-day life and talk with people who understand me. That sounds kinda emo, but it's true. No one in my family and none of my friend's, except 1 who I don't get to see, have a love for their truck(s) like I do.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

well i feel good when i help the ppl here in the site and i learn alot. ilike GM cars thats why i Participated then i found its more Amazing to learn and make ppl learn

but i fell lonely cos im the onley arabic here
    ashes to ashes dust to dust:slap:

chevy tahoe 08 LT with sunroof
    cd changer leather seat ,20"wheels
    chrome full set 5.3 V8 back sensores
    4x2 fog lamps and full tint

I don't do alot of posting on the forum, but I do read it alot. I really like to search for posts that deal with issues that I'm experiencing at any given time. For instance, I had an issue a couple of months ago with my 4WD not working. I learned from what I had read that my problem was most likely the Actuator. I bought a new Actuator from my local NAPA dealer for $90 and my 13 year old son and I installed it ourselves. I love GMTC and thanks to everyone involved in making this site possible.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by shadowt_t View Post
    well i feel good when i help the ppl here in the site and i learn alot. ilike GM cars thats why i Participated then i found its more Amazing to learn and make ppl learn

There are alot of different kinds of people on this site from all walks of life, that makes it a better place It's nice to see people from other countries who love their chevy as much as we do here in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowt_t View Post

Try to tell other chevy owners in your area about the website.