GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Viper 5901. anybody have it?

$744 or so later and I've got a Viper 5901 Remote Start/Alarm, Immobilizer bypass, and an install appointment for Friday. just have some questions for those who have one. will the factory fob still work when it is installed? does the remote start control the heat/AC? and what do you think of it? let me know!

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

Jr. Engineer

A buddy of mine had one installed on his rig a little while ago. I'm not sure if it's the exact model you have, but it's a Viper remote starter that's for sure. He absolutely loves it. Says its one of his best mods on his truck. I don't believe you can control the AC/heat, however it does have a "Temp Check" feature which monitors the temperature inside the vehicle so that you will know how warm/cold it is inside before walking out in the freezing cold/blistering heat to get in. So if you're truck has AUTO climate control capability, just set it to that, and it will do it's thing when the engine gets warm enough/has been running long enough.

He also liked the feature of the silent alarm. He has it set so that if someone breaks in it only notifies him on his key fob and the truck itself makes no noise. He can no longer use his factory fob, but doesn't miss it one bit - the range on this thing is WAY better.

On a side note, please tell me the $744 you paid includes installation?
    SEAFOAM, I PUT THAT @#!$ IN EVERYTHING!

2004 Silverado LS 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    260,000+ km

I Have it. I love it so far. How did you end up spending $744 on it? That's really expensive. You can check the temperature inside the cab, but not control it. You can also have it start by itself at certain times of the day so the truck can warm up. I haven't figured out how to do it yet though. My factory key Fob still works. I contacted a few alarm guys on another forum about this and they all said that they leave the factory alarm hooked up. They said they didn't know any installers that pulled the factory unit out.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    My factory key Fob still works. I contacted a few alarm guys on another forum about this and they all said that they leave the factory alarm hooked up. They said they didn't know any installers that pulled the factory unit out.
    Really? hmm I guess my buddy must've just got ripped off then. His factory one won't work at all. ALTHOUGH, his is a Honda...

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    I Have it. I love it so far. How did you end up spending $744 on it? That's really expensive. You can check the temperature inside the cab, but not control it. You can also have it start by itself at certain times of the day so the truck can warm up. I haven't figured out how to do it yet though. My factory key Fob still works. I contacted a few alarm guys on another forum about this and they all said that they leave the factory alarm hooked up. They said they didn't know any installers that pulled the factory unit out.
    $744 is the final price, installed at BB which includes the immobilizer bypass, alarm and remote start. drop it off at 1 PM on Friday, pick it up at 6. i hate leaving my non-human pride and joy with someone i don't know, but i don't got the balls or time to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 09Z71 View Post
    $744 is the final price, installed at BB which includes the immobilizer bypass, alarm and remote start. drop it off at 1 PM on Friday, pick it up at 6. i hate leaving my non-human pride and joy with someone i don't know, but i don't got the balls or time to do it myself.
    Have you checked directed.com for any other authorized dealers? 744.00 is a lot for that.

I'm deciding to go another route with my bonus. i don't need a remote start until next winter, and my truck has a stock alarm so......what's the point? it wasn't installed on Friday because of all parts my passenger door lock broke. i think I'll take it back this week.