GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default ReadyLift - front level kit or SST lift/level kit

Ideally I would like to install the ReadyLift SST lift kit in which also levels the truck. I don't like the drooping front end. I was going to just put in the standard $230 kit to level it, but wondering if the SST kit which also raises it another 2" is worth $1000. I don't want to put the front level kit and have regrets that I didn't just spend the money to do it right. I also need to do this in steps and wheels and tires won't be until at least 6 months so how dumb is the truck going to look if I put the SST kit on with stock wheels?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    Black
    2007 Silverado LTZ
    1500 ext cab
    6.0 L 4x4
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    ReadyLift 2.25" leveling kit
    20% tint
    rhino spray in bed liner with roll up tonneau
    debadged
    black billet front bowtie
    Nuvi 765T GPS hardwired to ignition
    Blendmount kit for Valentine One

Why not just go with a suspension lift?
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by JW2007-6.0 View Post
    Ideally I would like to install the ReadyLift SST lift kit in which also levels the truck. I don't like the drooping front end. I was going to just put in the standard $230 kit to level it, but wondering if the SST kit which also raises it another 2" is worth $1000. I don't want to put the front level kit and have regrets that I didn't just spend the money to do it right. I also need to do this in steps and wheels and tires won't be until at least 6 months so how dumb is the truck going to look if I put the SST kit on with stock wheels?
    I am having to make nearly the same decision as you are making. I was just going to level. Then I thought, why not just do the SST. I was looking around and for the same price you can get the RCX 5 inch or the RCX 7.5 inch. I don't know too much about these kits. I have talked to a couple of people and them seem to be happy with these kits. Just something to think about. Believe me, I know it is a tough choice.
    White
    2008 Silverado
    1500 Ext. Cab
    5.3 L Z71
    Flowmaster Super 44 Duals
    Window Tint, Window Visors

Other Toys:
    2008 KFX 450R
    2006 Kawasaki 650 4X4i
    2005 KFX 700 -SOLD-

I haven't heard as much good things about Rough Country as the ReadyLift. I'm actually hard pressed to find people that are unhappy with ReadyLift. Plus there is no cutting required and you can change it back to factory really easily (selling feature) if needed. I'm looking at trying to maintain the factory ride without cutting apart the truck and added expenses/hassle. The ReadyLift are bolt on ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Why not just go with a suspension lift?
    Naive question but what is the difference? Pro's/cons? This is the first lift I have put in and want to make sure I choose something I'm happy with.

im running the leveling kit because im in high school and i did not have the money for the 4 inch kit. you can clear 33x11 with the leveling kit and no trimming but i went with 33x13 and trimmed because i like the look of wider tires. with the 4inch kit you can clear 33x12.5 with no trimming. its all about money ... how wide of tires ... and trimming.

a huge factor is that a suspension lift will void your warranty on your truck for some dealerships ... i would be careful. the leveling kit wont ... atleast it wont be noticed.
    -20% Window Tint
    -Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Exhaust
    -2.25" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit
    -325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    -18x9 Helo 835's
    -Pioneer AVH-p4200dvd Headunit

A suspension lift is what i recommend, i know some dealerships will install lift kits for you, and you keep your warranty. Don't let them get you a lift, choose what one you want, and give it to them.

I finally decided on the SST lift/leveling kit. Going to have that and some new KMC wheels installed at the same time next week. Not the Rockstars. I really like those rims, but want something that not everyone has. I'll post pictures after it's all installed.

I'm sure you will be happy with the SST Kit. Everyone always seems to really stand by ReadyLift. Can't wait to see the pictures of your setup once it is on.