GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1999 suburban daytime running lights question

I have a 99 suburban K1500 5.7, and am looking for some help with my daytime running lights. I went out the other day and upon turning on the truck noticed no auto daytime running lights. I have checked the fuse box on the side of the dash, the box under the hood and nothing seems to be blown. I have replaced the headlight relay under the dash with no results.
    If I manually turn the headlights on I have high beams, but no low beams. I have checked the actual bulbs on the low beams and they are fine.
    I was told that it could be the daytime running light module, and that it was located under the dash to the right of the steering column. I have ordered the part, looks like a oversized computer chip(which I guess thats what it is), but have yet to replace it

Any advice on replaceing the part, not even real sure how to go about it. Am I even looking in the right direction to solve this problem?

Any advice/help would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

The daytime running lights may just come on when it's in Drive..... I know that's how they worked on my '04 I had...
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

They always came on upon starting the truck, which leads me to believe it is a sensor or some such thing.

That's right......... I think you're on the right track with the module.... I think it should just unplug and plug in....

Module is $50. Maybe someone will chime in with way to test/troubleshoot the module.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

thats the part I got, and I think it should just be a simple plug in fix. just have to figure out how to get the unit out from under the dash enough to do the replacement.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ochs99 View Post
    I have a 99 suburban K1500 5.7, and am looking for some help with my daytime running lights. I went out the other day and upon turning on the truck noticed no auto daytime running lights. I have checked the fuse box on the side of the dash, the box under the hood and nothing seems to be blown. I have replaced the headlight relay under the dash with no results.
    If I manually turn the headlights on I have high beams, but no low beams. I have checked the actual bulbs on the low beams and they are fine.
    I was told that it could be the daytime running light module, and that it was located under the dash to the right of the steering column. I have ordered the part, looks like a oversized computer chip(which I guess thats what it is), but have yet to replace it

Any advice on replaceing the part, not even real sure how to go about it. Am I even looking in the right direction to solve this problem?

Any advice/help would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem with my '99, but my lights do come on when I turn them on.

Thanks for helping ochs99... now I will see where I can get that part cheap and fix mine

Any update on this? I have the same issue but the wiring diagram points to either the relay or the turn stalk switch. Just curious.
    Thanks, Chris
    97 GMC Suburban
    00 Pontiac Grand Am