GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Anna Nicole Smith Dead at 39

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ses/index.html
    Wow, such a shame . She just had a new baby and recently lost her 20 year old son . I know she wasn't the most respected person in the world but death is death and it's still sad to see people at such a young age go .

I agree. The saddest part is that her daughter is so young that she'll never know her mom or even have any memories of her.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Master Mechanic

I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news of her passing.
    wonder what happened??
    Jeff

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 door ht ~ resto project
    1984 Buick Le Sabre 4 door sedan~daily driver

BUY ONLY GENUINE ACME PRODUCTS

Default Honor the fallen

Tragic death yes, but really doesn't compare to the sacrifices of the young men and women in Iraq/Afghanistan. Some of this weeks heroes:

02/04/07 Matheny, Randy J. Sergeant Age: 20 U.S. Army National Guard Hometown: McCook, Neb.
    02/05/07 Van Parys, Brandon J. Lance Corporal Age:20 U.S. Marine Hometown: New Tripoli, Penn.
    02/06/07 Frazier, Joshua J. Sergeant Age: 24 U.S. Marine Hometown: Spotsylvania, Va.
    02/07/07 Pfister, Travis Sergeant Age: 27 U.S. Marine Hometown: Richland Wa.
    02/07/07 Minjares Jr., Gilbert Petty Officer 1st Class Age: 31 U.S. Navy El Paso, Tx.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Tragic death yes, but really doesn't compare to the sacrifices of the young men and women in Iraq/Afghanistan. Some of this weeks heroes:

02/04/07 Matheny, Randy J. Sergeant Age: 20 U.S. Army National Guard Hometown: McCook, Neb.
    02/05/07 Van Parys, Brandon J. Lance Corporal Age:20 U.S. Marine Hometown: New Tripoli, Penn.
    02/06/07 Frazier, Joshua J. Sergeant Age: 24 U.S. Marine Hometown: Spotsylvania, Va.
    02/07/07 Pfister, Travis Sergeant Age: 27 U.S. Marine Hometown: Richland Wa.
    02/07/07 Minjares Jr., Gilbert Petty Officer 1st Class Age: 31 U.S. Navy El Paso, Tx.
    The sacrifices of the young men and women in Iraq/Afghanistan is not the topic . I know what those guys/gals go through, I've done one tour myself, however, stay on topic
    Last edited by ciosclone; 02-10-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries

I agree, I think our country does tend to idolize people, and if you looked at the coverage of her death you would have though a head of state would have died.

However, it is still very sad that a woman died very young and left a baby without a mother.
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by ciosclone View Post
    The sacrifices of the young men and women in Iraq/Afghanistan is not the topic . I know what those guys/gals go through, I've done one tour myself, however, stay on topic
    Ciosclone, I understand that you think Unplugged's post was off the topic and have the utmost respect for you and all Veterans who have served this great country. I myself served in the First Gulf War. I think what Unplugged, or atleast what I got from it, is that the media makes a huge deal about a celebrity who although tragic and shocking, her death was not surprising to me or many. There are troops killed weekly and it covered for about 20 seconds on the nightly news. Very rarely are there names ever mentioned.
    Rob from Dirty Jersey
    02 GMC Yukon SLT
    99 Yamaha Royal Star V-4
    My Motto in life:
    If it doesn't effect the sun coming up in the morning then it's not worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiev View Post
    There are troops killed weekly and it covered for about 20 seconds on the nightly news. Very rarely are there names ever mentioned.
    Very true . I didn't mean to come off as being overbearing , just posted without thinking