GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Need help ASAP!!!!

well i decided to install all of my pipes for the truck from the exhaust manifolds to the tips with borla headers and dual exhaust and a magnaflow hi-flow cats but i ran into some trouble when i thought i was done i realized i wasnt after 2 long days doing it all by myself
    anyways my steering wheel at some point is touching my headers but what can i do?? because the bolt itself is touching my headers and i want to put on a shorter bolt but the problem is that i cant figure out how to take it off..
    2003 Silverado Extended Cab
    AEM Brute Force Intake
    PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
    Diablo Sports Predator Programmer
    Borla Stainless Steal Shorty Headers
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats
    Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Dual Split Side Exhaust
    20 inch OEM 5 Spoke Chrome rims with 305/50's
    2 12' Rockford Fosgate Subs w/ Kickers Tweeter's
    55 Watt 6K HID Lights

ok, honestly I'm a bit confused...but the last time I heard of a steering wheel touching the header...was a pretty horrific wreck...only joking, but if you cant get a socket over the end of the bolt? (I suppose this is what you meant..) try to use a set of wreches..or maybe I just dont understand what your saying, sorry if I didnt help
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

pics would be very helpfull..i dont realy understand your problem either !!!!!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

X2, pictures would be helpful. I'm sure its something simple.

its ok i figured it out i was just so mad when i thought i was done in reality i wasnt haha
    it was just a pain to get that bolt of that connects from the steering wheel to that twisting part.. but problem solved i just bought a smaller length screw and problem gone.

Glad to here it, but how about some pictures of your new headers/exhaust.

soon il post up some pictures because im so tired from a couple nuts that broke and striped while changing out everything. but theirs a video that sounds identical to my truck but soon il make some videos. im just glad im finished now

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Steering gear clearance and headers used to be a big issue years ago on most B/B GM cars, I remember we used to clearance the tubes with a couple sturdy whacks with a machinist's hammer.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Steering gear clearance and headers used to be a big issue years ago on most B/B GM cars, I remember we used to clearance the tubes with a couple sturdy whacks with a machinist's hammer.
    I never did anything like that on my firebird
    But now adays you spend $600 on a set of plated headers you dont want to have to do any modification.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

ok i need help again!
    so i was driving my truck for a while. like 20 minutes then shut it down then an hour later i turned it back on and i was driving again normal and i got to a light and it was empty so i give it wot and i notice i left a puff of smoke... so that scared me because before installing these parts it never smoked.
    so i stopped at the gas station put it in park and reved up to like 4500 and the smoke came out not a whole lot but enough to notice it.
    is this caused by the headers that it might be burning off some sort of a protective oil they have in it or something???? because on the papers it says it might throw smoke or fumes after installation. or what else could it be?

but im not liking the fact that it threw smoke...

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

oh yeah and there are no codes comming out...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by