GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 454 Vortech intake gaskets

hi guys i am new to the big bloce i have allways had 350"s i resently bought my first 454 big block vortech truck and the intake gaskest are leeking it looks alot different than intake gaskets on a 350 what do i all need to replace other than the upper and lowwer intake gaskets wile i am in ther i am also going to do a cap rotor and plugs and wires but is there annything els i want to replace wle i am in there gasket ect? thanks for the imput guys.

ok here is the update i pulled the upper and lower intakes off my truck last night and am going to start putting it back together tonight my question is what spark plug should i run in my 454?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Id run simple AC delco plugs. Im not a big fan of platinum but i change my plugs ever 40K just for the assurance that i know they are working well..
    Something to check is the distributor make sure that the bushings inside are nice and tight the 350s were notorious for the dirstibutors wearing out (made of plastic smart more GM) and in the vortec line a lot of parts are similar. I know you are doing 454 but just trying to shed some light.
    Otherwise pretty simple..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

go with the acdelco plugs, vortecs run best with them, if u plan on changing them every 40-50k miles then just go with the normal ones, if u plan on running them 80-100k then go with the patniums, i am running the platnuims in my 01 HD with the 6.0 and i was very pleased, and for wires, i would go with the accel super stock 8.5mm or the 9.0mm MSD. I have the ac platnuim plugs with the 9mm MSD wires and they are a great combo, truck runs so much better and i even noticed a little power gain from the stock wire to the MSD

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooterusmc View Post
    and for wires, i would go with the accel super stock 8.5mm or the 9.0mm MSD. I have the ac platnuim plugs with the 9mm MSD wires and they are a great combo, truck runs so much better and i even noticed a little power gain from the stock wire to the MSD
    Hmm thanks for the heads up from me as well on the wires.. even though my TBI wont feel a difference... kinda a slug....