GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NHL Hockey !!

Sorry Jamie , Lord Stanley's cup lives in Anaheim for now.
    Carl
    Pennsylvania
    1993 GMC Yukon GT

Ya State side again damn!

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Default After Years Of Derision, Ducks Get The Last Laugh - And The Stanley Cup

Oh how the Mighty haven't fallen. Or at least the former Mighty. The NHL expansion club named after a Disney movie that was once the doormat of the league got the last laugh Wednesday night, bringing the Stanley Cup to California for the first time in history. The Anaheim Ducks notched a convincing 6-2 win over the hapless Ottawa Senators to take the series in five games. And while L.A. will never be considered a hockey town, the place was ready to party.
    So were the players. For 36-year-old star Teemu Selanne, who's waited 14 years for the chance to hold the game's most cherished prize, it was a dream come true. "I was just like, 'I couldn't believe it, it's going to happen,'" he recalls. "So much hard work, so many years to dream about that moment. There has (sic) been times I didn't know if it was ever going to happen."
    Star defenceman Chris Pronger, who played part of the finale with a separated shoulder, came back from a one game suspension just in time, calling it "a special moment" that started when he demanded a trade from Edmonton last summer.
    For two talented siblings, the victory was especially sweet. Scott Niedermayer was named the Conn Smythe winner and had only come to the Ducks to be able to play with his brother. That gesture wasn't lost on Rob Niedermayer as he handed hockey's Holy Grail over to his relative. "I don't think I'll ever have a better feeling than that in my career," he agrees. "When he came here, I know he turned down a lot from New Jersey and he had a lot of fond memories there ... He's been rooting for me my whole career, and I'm just lucky to have him as a brother." They're the first brothers to win the Cup on the same team since the Isles' Brett and Duane Sutter did it in 1983.
    A victory parade will take place on Saturday, marking a feel good ending for long suffering California hockey fans. But what else would you expect from a Disney movie?
    • The win means Premier Dalton McGuinty will have to make good on his wager with Golden State Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. He'll be sending down some Ontario wines, a Roots sweater - and a 30-day supply of Tim Hortons coffee.

Jamie

Ah ha. I figured out there secret....Look where there all from...LOL

Jamie

Legend
    Blog Entries

Colorado Avalanche Fan! I was going to post, but I found this and wanted to bring it back to life!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Legend

The State of Hockey!!!!! I love the Wild, miss my North Stars though. But any of you guys on here from MN that know High School hockey it is some of the best you will ever see!!!! Go USA and more of our MN boys trying to pull another miracle!!!!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

THE ORANGE and the BLACK!!!!!!!!! Philly all the way!

Hockey Town USA!!!
    GO Wings
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts