GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default I Seafoamed my truck today.

    All I can say is wow. Their wasn't a lot of smoke that came out, but it runs like a brand new truck. It has had a real rough idle lately and it felt really sluggish when accelerating. It almost seemed like all the power was gone. I had been looking at seafoam for a few months and I figured I would just take a leap and do it. I bought 2 cans yesterday and done it today. I put 3/4's of a can in the brake booster vacuum line. Then the rest of that can in the oil and I put 1/2 of the other can in the Gas tank. It runs so much better. Im going to leave it in the oil until next week when I change the oil.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

  2. #2
    Legend Mean_Green_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    I love seafoam. I use it every time I change my oil. I wait till I'm about 200 miles till due, put about half the bottle in the crankcase, then drive off the next 200. The first time I did it, at 157k, the oil came out junky and black. It progressively got better. Now, at 172k, the oil comes out the color of a dark honey. I swear by that stuff.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

    1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

  3. #3

    Default

    I was amazed by the results. It was well worth the $20 for 2 cans.

  4. #4
    Legend Mean_Green_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Def. I will never use another product that claims it does the same stuff.

  5. #5
    Jr. Engineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Live and breathe by it! I put that in everything, snowmobiles, 4wheelers, trucks, cars you name it. I've never tried it in anything except for the gas tank but that seems to do enough wonders for me. When adding to oil do you juts pour it in where you would add oil?
    SEAFOAM, I PUT THAT @#!$ IN EVERYTHING!



    2004 Silverado LS 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    260,000+ km

  6. #6
    Legend Mean_Green_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    Live and breathe by it! I put that in everything, snowmobiles, 4wheelers, trucks, cars you name it. I've never tried it in anything except for the gas tank but that seems to do enough wonders for me. When adding to oil do you juts pour it in where you would add oil?
    Yep, just pour it into the filler tube. No easier than that. Just don't run that stuff in the oil for too long. I wouldn't want it to clog up the filter.

  7. #7

    Default

    I think I'll give this a try today. I used BG fuel injector cleaner, stuff that gets sucked straight into the fuel rail after you disable the fuel pump.. after that I cleaned the TB and that all seemed to make an enormous difference.. but I still have a slight stumble at idle like an injector is stumbling. Its like $7-8 a can, so its worth a try to get the rest of the carbon out of the parts that the fuel system never touches.

    But at the same time I've heard you're supposed to do the plugs after you suck Seafoam through the vacuum line...?
    03 1500 Z71 5.3 - DD/Tow rig

  8. #8

    Default

    I take that back.. price went up, damn.. $10.06 for 1 can.

    PM-3 for Fords you're supposed to put half the can in, then turn the truck off and let it sit for 15 or 30 minutes. Then start it up, pour the other half in and rip ass up the road.. I think I'm going to take that approach with the seafoam.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by offroadaddict View Post
    I think I'll give this a try today. I used BG fuel injector cleaner, stuff that gets sucked straight into the fuel rail after you disable the fuel pump.. after that I cleaned the TB and that all seemed to make an enormous difference.. but I still have a slight stumble at idle like an injector is stumbling. Its like $7-8 a can, so its worth a try to get the rest of the carbon out of the parts that the fuel system never touches.

    But at the same time I've heard you're supposed to do the plugs after you suck Seafoam through the vacuum line...?

    Ive been told that your supposed to change the Plugs after sea foaming.

  10. #10
    Legend Mean_Green_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    Ive been told that your supposed to change the Plugs after sea foaming.
    It would help. You don't have to, but it's always a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. What have u done to ur GM truck today?
    By devilsalmostfree in forum Chevy Truck Talk & GM News
    Replies: 2389
    Last: 06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
  2. Put the truck in the ditch today
    By pmf608 in forum Chevy Truck Talk & GM News
    Replies: 21
    Last: 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
  3. Truck died twice today...
    By texas99lb in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 10
    Last: 01-06-2010, 01:13 AM
  4. Truck in the shop today...
    By Delmarva in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
  5. truck over reved today?
    By etpn13 in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 2
    Last: 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •