GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Fender Flares

Hybrid View

Default Fender Flares

Hey guys, just go a membership on this site after I picked up my new/used ride. It's not a Topkick or Kodiak but it is a commercial truck.

First question I have is I would like to find a little wider fender flare for my truck. With the DWR setup, solid front axle, I notice that my tires stick out about 1.5 to 2 inches past the flares. It's not much, but it's annoying to me when I go through some mud and it slings up onto the hood. That and I'm shooting mud and debris forward onto the front bumper.

Thanks,

NW
    2001 Chevy 3500HD, Cab and Chassis. 2wd, 8.1 liter vortex 8100 motor. 15000 lbs GVWR, 19.5 inch rims, and a 4L80E auto transmission.

Accessories.
    10 foot Rugby Dump bed with drop sides, Flink under tail-gate salt spreader, 9 foot Fisher trip edge plow, and central hydraulics ran by belt driven pump under the hood. And a bunch of strobe lights.

You should be able to get fender flares for these, I'm sure it's probably an option. You might want to try the guys at www.yourworktruck.club (a partner to this site) and see what they have to offer you.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

You can only put them on the front but try Bushwacker.com or 4wheelparts.com

Like you were looking for before, the rubber inserts that just get matched up with the push pins on your previous fender flares. They're like $20, and they're just two rubber pieces around 3-4" wide, and give you that extra protection.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension