GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Dl3 mirrors

In regards to the databus wiring, how difficult was it to run that new harness? I assume it went through the doors into or below the dash somewhere? What did it cost for those new harness?
    Thanks
    Rick

I believe it was around $100 or so give or take for both of the harnesses. Yeah, it was pretty simple to change out the door harnesses. You just gotta take your time with them and have a little patience...like anything else huh lol.

Jr. Apprentice

Default mirrors

the $100.00 or so for the databus harness, where they new or used harnesses and do you have any part #'s for them.
    Thank's again
    Rick

The harnesses were new. As for the part numbers...Id have to dig those out for you, thats assuming that those harnesses will work for your truck. I belive they will work. In any case, I'll get you those part numbers. I ordered them from GM Parts Club.
    -Andrew

Excellent info. I want to change out the standard power adjust/heated mirrors on my SL crew cab. Had no idea how much was involved! I would be much interested in a "parts list" for a conversion! I ordered a driver side switch with the power fold buttons and the guy told me it was impossible to do a conversion! I have enough sense to realize that the "your to close" sensor in some mirrors would take much more to install but to have the turn signals, auto dimming and power folding would make the truck so much more enjoyable to drive. Again kudos to you for having the tenacity to figure it out!
    Last edited by nikkeshelton; 11-03-2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: misspelling

Did you find out about the data-bus feature on your crew cab? I want to do the same conversion

Trying to dig up this old thread.Any more info out there?

I just registered to this site. Your post is excellent! I want to do the upgrade. I have a 08 Silverado Ext. Cab LT. I read the post. I was wandering, to buy the upgraded controllers and mirrors, would they all be plug-n-play? And if not, do I play dum with dealer or just tell them I upgraded and need them to flash BCM?

Default just completed this mod

Quote Originally Posted by docghost View Post
    I just registered to this site. Your post is excellent! I want to do the upgrade. I have a 08 Silverado Ext. Cab LT. I read the post. I was wandering, to buy the upgraded controllers and mirrors, would they all be plug-n-play? And if not, do I play dum with dealer or just tell them I upgraded and need them to flash BCM?
    I just completed this full conversion myself... pissed me off when my dealer said "it can't be done". I did hard wire the power fold option myself, but I feel good that I took precautions so I should have no trouble down the road. The heat and signals are all in the 1 plug that is plug and play if you just want the signal mirrors. If you want the power fold option to work $30 and a few hours work it can be done...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by No Tyme View Post
    I just completed this full conversion myself... pissed me off when my dealer said "it can't be done". I did hard wire the power fold option myself, but I feel good that I took precautions so I should have no trouble down the road. The heat and signals are all in the 1 plug that is plug and play if you just want the signal mirrors. If you want the power fold option to work $30 and a few hours work it can be done...
    I installed this one, Mini 10 Amp 3 Position Momentary Rocker Switch from Amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PNKF2E/ref ... 25410_item

and this set or relays,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0SATHE/ref ... 25410_item

I used a widely posted wiring diagram and all went well... hardest thing was running wires from door into body. A real pita going thru that rubber tube between the door and body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12