GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Amp interface for factory head unit 2010 silverado

Will the PAC Audio AOEM-GM1416 amp interface work on a 2010 Silverado (non bose)? The listing is for a 2009, but I'm hoping they are the same.

I want to add an amp and 1 12" sub under the rear seat of my crew cab but I want to keep the factory head unit. (has bluetooth etc...) This interface would do the trick. I tried searching, but only found older models with the Pac audio.

On a side note, anyone make a single 12" enclosure with any cubic footage? About .80 seems to be the norm. Maybe I'll make one.

Thanks!
    jjsams21
    Rochester, NY

2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab: Z71, Silver, Dynomax cat-back, K&N fiilter, Westin bars, EGR in channel visors, GM chrome mirror caps, GM chrome tow hooks, Gm chrome door handles, GM body colored mud guards, MTEC headlamp bulbs, Silverstar T/S bulbs, Putco jet yellow fog lamp bulbs, Putco LED interior kit, Extang tonneau cover, custom subwoofer box, Kenwood 12", Alpine amp, PAC audio line out converter.........
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Not really sure about the adapter, I spliced mine into the speaker wires. I built a single enclosure for my 12" Sony Xplod, and I'm running about 1.2 cubic feet of space or so i think. Hope this helps!

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Thumbs up Works!

I bought the interface anyway. Works great. Comes with front and rear outputs and the remote turn on lead. Tucked it in the dash and no splicing!! Finally some bass!
    jjsams21
    Rochester, NY

2010 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab: Z71, Silver, Dynomax cat-back, K&N fiilter, Westin bars, EGR in channel visors, GM chrome mirror caps, GM chrome tow hooks, Gm chrome door handles, GM body colored mud guards, MTEC headlamp bulbs, Silverstar T/S bulbs, Putco jet yellow fog lamp bulbs, Putco LED interior kit, Extang tonneau cover, custom subwoofer box, Kenwood 12", Alpine amp, PAC audio line out converter.........
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Can you link the item you purchased?
    2008 Blue Granite W/T
    ✔ Line-X
    ✔ Leveling Kit
    ✔ K&N Air Filter
    ✔ Bed Rail Caps
    ✔ 265/70R18 Michelin LTX M/S2
    ✔ All 4 Infinity Kappa Speakers
    ✔ Sound Ordnance B-8PT Powered Sub
    ✔ JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 Head Unit + GMOS

i went the same route with keeping my factory radio and installing a line out converter. i went with the 4 channel scosche unit though. thing works great. just taped into the rear door speakers.
    this is the one i used. it sounds great with a 1200 watt amp and 2 10's under the back seat. almost a little to much though. i still need to tweak it a little. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...4.html?tp=2001
    2009 silverado crewcab ls - VA

Default No Hacks!!

Buy this interface! No hacking and splicing. This is a new Silverado, not a 92 civic. No butt connectors or scotch locks, just a quality interface. Plug and play! I'm not advertising, I'm just sharing a great product. http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
    jjsams21
    Rochester, NY

2006 Pontiac GTO
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT

according to that page i have a bose system and it wouldnt work. but i have a ls model. so i am a little confused there is no sub and nothing saying bose anywhere in the truck. plus i had the rear doors off to hook up my line out converter and the speakers are paper which will be the next thing to go! but if i have 5 eq settings on the radio how does that make it a bose system? just currious sorry for hijacking the thread
    2009 silverado crewcab ls - VA

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if one of these would give you the ability to run 2 amps? one for highs and one for a sub? i dont know much about this stuff...
    CHEVY TIL I DIE.
    2009 Silverado Z71 LT/5.3/Flowmaster 40 Series/Volant/Diablosport
    2006 Trailblazer 4X4 LS

Past Rides:
    2001 GMC SIERRA 4x4 - Totaled
    99 Chevy Silverado 2x4 traded in

Quote Originally Posted by jjsams21 View Post
    Buy this interface! No hacking and splicing. This is a new Silverado, not a 92 civic.

All righty then!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by 09Z71BLKBST View Post
    Does anyone know if one of these would give you the ability to run 2 amps? one for highs and one for a sub? i dont know much about this stuff...
    There are 2 sets of preamp outputs (1 front, 1 rear) so you could use the front set for highs.