GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1999 Silverado - "Security" message stays on

Hello. I have the stated truck. The "Security" message came on while driving the other day. When I turned off the truck and started it, the message went off. This happens periodically, but not all the time. It can go days without coming on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sr. Apprentice

My Tahoe does that now and again. It also has the sticky fuel signal. Been like that for about 95000 miles.
    2001 2500HD 4x4 8.1L/ally,CCSB,diablo with diablew tuned and too much to list....

3. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post

i would say spend some money and get a code clearer or pull the code on it to find out why it is doing it n clear it or you can fix it either way it gives you more than one option ....mine comes on every now and again ....and drives me nuts...i hate have lil bells going off while im driving...or take it to a shop and have it taken out of puter

Quote Originally Posted by Gotechslack View Post
    Hello. I have the stated truck. The "Security" message came on while driving the other day. When I turned off the truck and started it, the message went off. This happens periodically, but not all the time. It can go days without coming on. Any ideas? Thanks.
    In the Owners Manual it states that if the Security Message Light Stays On while the Truck is running, It is telling you that the Pass-Lock System is not working Properly and your Vehicle is Not protected by the Pass-Lock at that Time.... Check Fuse Circuit and if it is not the fuse, it should be looked at by the dealer.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 05-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

6. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post
    Sr. Apprentice

I have tried the code reader, but it does not show any codes.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    In the Owners Manual it states that if the Security Massage light stays on while the Truck is running,It is telling you that the Pass-Lock System is not working Properly and your Vehicle is Not protected by the Pass-Lock at that Time.... Check Fuse Circuit and if it is not the fuse,it should be looked at by the dealer.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

9. Thanks ChevyFan thanked for this post
    Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    In the Owners Manual it states that if the Security Massage light stays on while the Truck is running,It is telling you that the Pass-Lock System is not working Properly and your Vehicle is Not protected by the Pass-Lock at that Time.... Check Fuse Circuit and if it is not the fuse,it should be looked at by the dealer.
    What's the fuse labeled?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gotechslack View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate it.
    Did this fix the problem?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Steve....on my 99 Silverado, the Fuse Box that is located in the Cab, on the Driver-Side, when you open the Drivers Door, and on the side of the Dash is where the Fuses for the Pass-Lock System....there's a couple of Fuses, and Relays for the Pass-lock System, but on the under-side of the Cover of the Fuse Box, its labeled, telling you what Fuse, is for what.