GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I posted the answers to this in your intro thread. instal is pretty easy if you have the tortion bar tool

Jr. Apprentice

Thanks for the insights fellas and after all this is america, home of the lifted truck.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71

Another factor when it comes to the ride of a lifted truck is the tire pressure. If the ride is to harsh you could drop the tire pressure a few pounds and it will soften the ride some. The bigger tires with higher pressure can equal a rougher ride.

Jr. Mechanic

I was wondering what the best way to keep my factory rake look while going higher was? I thinking of just cranking the stock keys and throwin on 3 inch blocks. would those make my rig look like a drag car?lol

Jr. Apprentice

I am looking at the rough country leveling kit, and I read in the manual that you have to check all fasteners every 1000 miles. Is this really necessary, as I am assuming it would be quite a hassel?

Quote Originally Posted by 03HeavyHalf View Post
    I was wondering what the best way to keep my factory rake look while going higher was? I thinking of just cranking the stock keys and throwin on 3 inch blocks. would those make my rig look like a drag car?lol
    I guess that would work. Unless you tow a lot, why on earth would you want to keep the rake??

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blaketg View Post
    I am looking at the rough country leveling kit, and I read in the manual that you have to check all fasteners every 1000 miles. Is this really necessary, as I am assuming it would be quite a hassel?
    Legal disclaimer to cover their ass. I would definetly check it after the first 500 to 1000 miles. After that just check it every so often, like when your doing routine maintenance on it.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Jr. Mechanic

I just prefer how it looks. Especially with a trailer or load in the back, if it was level itd have a lean to it, and that just bugs me to no end.
    2003 K1500HD-Straight Pipe, Drop -In K&N Filter, 3" Lift Soon, H2 Rims
    1993 C1500 ECSB- Open Headers, Performance Shift Kit

I kept a 1" rake in the back by replacing the 1" block with a 2" block.I used Bilstein leveling shocks for the 2" i gained in the front.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

do you know if fender trimming and wheel offsets would be enough to run 35s on a leveled 98 silverado?

Default Question

So i am thinking about doing the Rough Country 5" lift on my 2010 Z71.... I know i will have to put nerf bars on to get my short soldier butt in it now.. any other recommendations ( as far as add ons, brands of nerf bars or anythign else?)? will i have to regear it with the 5.3L ?

ARMY STRONG

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... Last Post byLast Post by