GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I would say you would have to drop the diff. without doing so your CV angles would be too extreme and the kit may not even install properly without doing so.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I would say you would have to drop the diff. without doing so your CV angles would be too extreme and the kit may not even install properly without doing so.
    Alright. I am not a huge fan of grinding and cutting, so I think I may go with just a plain leveling kit. I found a Tuff Country one from Suspension Connection for $150 with keys and add-a-leafs. Would there be any problems with that? Ready Lift offers just the keys for $250, whats the difference?
    1999 K1500 Ext Cab, Short Box
    5.7L 350, K&N CAI
    Mangnaflow Cat-back True Duals
    Tuff Country 2.5" Lift w/AAL's
    VVME 35w 4300K HID's (Low)

Quote Originally Posted by jmckee6 View Post
    Alright. I am not a huge fan of grinding and cutting, so I think I may go with just a plain leveling kit. I found a Tuff Country one from Suspension Connection for $150 with keys and add-a-leafs. Would there be any problems with that? Ready Lift offers just the keys for $250, whats the difference?
    If you don't want to drop the diff then the most I would go with is a leveling kit, though I am not a big fan of AAL's even though I have them (just saving up for full leaf packs at the moment).

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    If you don't want to drop the diff then the most I would go with is a leveling kit, though I am not a big fan of AAL's even though I have them (just saving up for full leaf packs at the moment).
    Full leaf packs as in new springs all together? Where can one find those, and what do you look for? Right now I am looking at a cheap leveling kit from Tuff Country that comes with springs, but I am somewhat hesitant of the AAL's from them. Have you heard anything one way or the other? Do you have any recommendations for springs brands/types/features etc? Also where should I look for a good deal on them? I don't necessarily need more towing capacity, but I want the springs as opposed to the blocks because I do haul four wheelers and a pretty good sized boat, so I don't want the front end in the air when I hook onto our trailers.

If you are going to be towing a boat you could just go with the AAL. I do not tow anything other than an atv trailer which does not weigh much. I am looking at getting a full new leaf pack from BDS since I have a BDS lift kit. Deaver makes good leaf packs as well as Altas; however, for what you are looking for I am sure an AAL will work fine not to mention it is a lot cheaper. I am wanting a full leaf pack because I am running a 5 inch block and an AAL right now.

Has anyone had any experience with the Rough Country 4.25" Combo lift kit with 3" Premium lift kit and 1.25" body lift?

Also, can someone explain to me the pros and cons of going with either blocks in the rear or using add-a-leafs in the rear? I want to be able to still haul quite a bit of weight (around 1600lb) on the back of my truck and was wondering if I should go with leafs instead of blocks? Thanks in advance!
    We are the "home of the free" because of the brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter556 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the Rough Country 4.25" Combo lift kit with 3" Premium lift kit and 1.25" body lift?

Also, can someone explain to me the pros and cons of going with either blocks in the rear or using add-a-leafs in the rear? I want to be able to still haul quite a bit of weight (around 1600lb) on the back of my truck and was wondering if I should go with leafs instead of blocks? Thanks in advance!
    Add a leafs will stiffen the ride up some, blocks won't. But if you get the blocks your back end will most likely sit lower than the front when you hook up a load. I put 2.5" add a leafs on my truck, and I don't mind the slightly stiffer ride. It doesn't make it unbearable by any means. This weekend i took our trailer and 3 four wheelers, about the same weight as you're looking at, and you can't even tell that it's stiffer with a load, and it looks great! Hope that helps you some.

Thanks for the help! Im new to this forum and im trying to get up to speed. I think im going to go with add-a-leafs as you said because I still want to be able to haul heavy payloads in the back without having to worry about putting too much weight on a aftermarket block (what is the weight rating for them? just curious).

Also, with the AAL leveling kit installed, would I still be able to put on a "helper leaf" system in order to increase my payload capacity and decrease rear sag under a load? Thanks in advance!

I've got a 2010 Silverado 2500HD 4X4 Crew cab, auto, 6.0 gas. So far I've installed a Skyjacker 6" suspension lift with the upgraded 6" rear leaf pack, a 3" progressive body lift, a custom driveshaft to correct the steering shake caused from the lift, 37" Ditto Mud Grapplers, a axle gear change to 4.56, a Diablo sport tuner, an Airaid intake system and a Magnaflow exhaust.
    My mpg is at 11.8 with the 87 octane program. That's driving 65 on the highway.
    I'm not happy with the rear leaf pack. Skyjacker says this pack is for the 2500 & 3500 trucks. I don't agree. The packs sit on the over ride leaf before you come close to 2000lbs. The truck does ride sweet, tho. The tires are loud, but that doesn't bother me. They are ten ply and I got a good price.
    The only thing I'm gonna install is a timbren support for my rear pack. They make a product for my lifted height.

kshepard that is a bada$$ truck. Do you have anymore pics?