GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LEVELEDZ71 View Post
    I dont wanna remove the add a leaf cuz i wanna keep the rear raised up as is plus it can handle more loads cmpared to stock now.
    I think with your leveling kit, your about as high as you can go in the front....maybe time to starting thinking about a suspension lift?! Or, if you are happy with the height, you may want to look into SuperSprings or adjustable air bags in lieu of your additional leaf to help with the load.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlRush View Post
    My 1997 Suburban 4X4 is going into the shop tomorrow to get a 3" rough country suspension lift put on, excited to finally get it done, it's been a long time coming.
    Congratulations!! ...and don't forget to post some before/after pics.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I want to level out my 99 Silverado 2WD. I was going to just get some of the 2" coil spacers. I read on another thread that these spacers can cause stuff to fail prematurely, and that a spindle kit was the way to go? Who sells these spindle kits and are they more dependable than the spacers? Or are the spacers fine?

I'm really just looking to get like a 32" AT tire under my truck for getting out to our camping spots in the dezert in decent time and I don't like worrying about tearing one of these little pizza cutter tires.

I also want to keep the stock wheels. My girl likes them and for some reason doesn't want aftermarket.

Also if anyone knows where I could find some pictures of trucks setup similar to this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4174.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	30045

Added a 2" level kit to my 08 1500 z71 for $38. Happy with the stance, seems to stiffened up those soft front springs a bit, not quite as bouncy. I went with the lower under strut mounts. Been on there for about a month. Doesn't look like I have a pic of the whole truck with them yet.

Thanks....
    2009 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT

Jr. Apprentice

Post is a little overdue, I got my 1997 Suburban lifted about a month and a half ago. I put a 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift on it and its awesome! It looks a little silly right now with empty wheel wells as I haven't upgraded to bigger tires yet, but I figured I can take my time and get as much use out of the original tires while I save up for some 32's. The truck has about 224,000 miles on it and my friends who own the shop I took it to to get it installed were laughing at me because the U-bolts were almost rusted out, too funny. Other than that it rides great especially for an older truck and I can't wait to go bigger once my income increases a little bit.

I agree with some of the comments in here, we should add to the OP in this thread the concept of what purpose a leveling kit does and also what purpose a lift kit does as well.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I Have 07 NBS w/ Rough Country 2" leveling Kit I love the leveled look just enough to cram 33"s under it soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 419274_1989725518405_1701381935_994645_1233443470_n (1).jpg  
    [SIGPIC]
    2007 1500 Silverado LT1 4.8L
    Chrome Accents & Remote Start 2.5" RC Front Leveling Kit
    Spyder Projection BLK Halo LED Headlights w/Hid Kit Sonar BLK LED Taillights
    Line-X Bed Coating & Underside Coating Line-X Tonneau Cover
    Two 10" Fusion Subs Custom Under Rear-seat BLK boxes 800 Watt Fusion Amp
    Rampage Taillight Bar w/ Reverse Amber LED H16Fog Lights

I was doing some measuring in my 2007 silverado with z71 suspension and i was wonderin if i could fit 35s with a 3 inch leveling kit in the front. Maybe cut a bit of plastic, but it looks do able With offset rims

Looking to lift my 2003 silverado 1500 extended cab a little bit. Hoping its possible to keep the stock ride quality and put a little bigger tires on???? maybe 33's. Truck is stock right now, rear shocks have electronic firmness switch that stiffens the ride when towing or hauling. Looking for help or suggestions, so many different lifts and options im kinda lost. Thanks all.

you might be better off with a leveling kit