GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blacknight97 View Post
    i'm looking to get a 4 inch lift from my 09' silverado 1500. does anyone have any suggestions?
    Yeah, get a six inch lift. As soon as you get the 4 you will wish you would have gotten the six.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Anyone know anything about this kit:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...ml?id=F4uP24Md

Its exactly the amount of lift I want, just seems a little cheap. Anyone know if its a quality kit? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hdb0002 View Post
    Anyone know anything about this kit:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...ml?id=F4uP24Md

Its exactly the amount of lift I want, just seems a little cheap. Anyone know if its a quality kit? Thanks
    It is a Tuff Country kit, which is on the cheaper side, but not bad. Most leveling kits like this are pretty much the same anyway. The shocks will most likely suck if you get the Tuff Country ones. If you want abetter ride I highly recommend going with the Bilstein ones they offer. They will last longer and give you a better ride.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I'm looking at buying the 2" leveling kit from rough country. Any thoughts on this? How's the quality?
    2008 Silverado 1500 LT
    Z71 Package, Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by chucktruck28 View Post
    I'm looking at buying the 2" leveling kit from rough country. Any thoughts on this? How's the quality?
    Funny I should see this. I just put the RoughCountry leveling kit on my 2010 Silverado 3 days ago. Quality is fine. Everything went very smoothly, but lining up the shock/spacer block/lower control arm is time consuming and frustrating. That took longer than anything else. Just be patient and it will come. The front drive shaft prevents you from putting the one bolt through from the top, but put it in from the bottom, and it's all good. The steering arm nut is a little difficult to reinstall, because the bolt turns. You have to put a 15mm wrench on the BOTTOM of the bolt to keep it from turning. You can use air tools on the left front top strut bolts, but have to use a wrench on the right side. You can't get to the bolts from above. I also installed HID lights in my high beams. I'll update the picture soon. Contact me directly if you have any other questions. khargarten at hot mail dot com.
    Kurt
    Trenton, FL.
    http://www.flaguns.com
    2010 Chev Silverado LT, 5.3L V8, 6 Spd Auto, 4x4, Z71, HD Cooling, 3.42 Locking Rear End, Rough Country Leveling Kit, Smittybilt Nerfs, Sprayed Bedliner, DDM HIDs, LEDs

I love my Rough Country 3" suspension lift! It took a weekend to put on (with new upper A-arms), I fit 33" tires under it and its the perfect balance between the performance you want from a lifted truck and stock handling. In fact with my offset wheels I can take corners a little faster than stock...definitely worth every penny of $450.
    ROTARYENGINEPETE
    '07 GMC SIERRA SLT | Z71 | 4X4 | 5.3L FF

LIFT:
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" PREMIUM SUSPENSION LIFT + ADD-A-LEAF
    18" ATX THUG WHEELS
    33" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
    EBC SPORT ROTORS
    EBC YELLOW STUFF BRAKE PADS
    LIGHTING:
    HELLA/VVME 4300K HID LOW BEAMS

HELLA BLACK MAGIC OFFROAD LIGHTS
    ANZO USA PROJECTORS HEADLIGHTS
    ANZO USA LED TAIL LIGHTS
    ENGINE:
    K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE
    MAGNAFLOW CATBACK D.O.S.I.F.T. EXHAUST
    BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT TUNER

PULSTAR IGNITORS
    OPTIMA RED TOP
    DRIVETRAIN:
    YUKON 4.56 GEARS
    MAG-HYTEC DIFF COVER
    CORVETTE SERVO
    TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
    Z-PACK 3-4 CLUTCH
    REBUILT WARN XFER CASE
    BODY:
    RUNCOOL HOOD LOUVERS
    FULL WEATHERTECH VISORS/BUGSHIELDS
    DUPONT BEDLINER

DEEZEE BLACK DIAMOND PLATE BED CAPS
    BULLDOG LOCKING SPORT FUEL DOOR
    DOOR MOLDINGS REMOVED
    CUSTOM WIRE MESH GRILL
    BUSHWACKER BOSS FENDER FLARES
    CB THRU GLASS RADIO ANTENNA

5.5sec 0-60mph on pavement (5.2sec running E85), and a little less in 3 feet of muddy water

Ok so I have a 2007 silverado Z71 4X4 and I was wondering how high it can be lifted before things like brake lines and all that has to start being replaced.
    Last edited by Colt; 07-05-2010 at 07:36 PM.

I'm not sure how a torsion bar key works. Can someone explain how they work, and how they will raise my truck up? Also, will a leveling kit actually raise up the front of my truck a couple of inches, or will it raise it just a fraction of an inch? Asking this because I have 2 inches blocks to put in the rear, and my truck sits level already and I want to make sure it will truly raise up the front of the truck.

Question

What would be the best kit to go with on a 04 Silverado Z71 Crew cab? I would like to install a 33" tire but want to keep the factory 20" wheels.
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

I am sure some one has installed 33" tires on and 04 with there stock rim's
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast