GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by junkbox849 View Post
    I have and 02 Gmc Sierra extended cab. I want to purchase the rough country leveling kit. My worry is I cant tell if there is already one in the truck or not. I looked at the back set up and it already has blocks under the leafs. The New Kit comes with blocks, keys and 4 shocks. Do I add the blocks on top of the existing ones or are they larger than what is already on there? I would hate to purchase the kit it it already has some sort of leveling kit on there now.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

When you put you blocks in did you stack them on top of the ones that were already on the truck. where did you get your kit and did it make a diffrence. I have and 02 and want to put the leveling kit in it but not sure if it will make that much of a difference.
    A simple tape measure will answer your question. Go out & measure the blocks that are in there now. If they're 2" & the lift kit blocks are 4" you will gain 2". All the lift kits I've seen state how thick their blocks are. It's easy to go measure them.

And like Canislupis said NEVER STACK blocks
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab and would like to install a 33” tire but don’t want to lose the factory ride. I was told to install a Ready Lift leveling kit and this would save the stock ride and add 2 “ In the front to clear the 33” Tires. Has any else done this on a 2004 and if so how did is affect the ride.
    Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

Legend
    Blog Entries

The 33s' won't hurt your ride as long as you don't run the pressures too high & the sidewalls are the same construction AND you don't go to a higher rated tire ie: don't go from a "C" rateing to a "D" or "E". The 33s' should actually help to soften the ride a bit just from the extra inch or two of air cushion. The leveling kit, I can't advise you on. Some people say it changed the ride & some don't. It depends on the kit & how it accomplishes the lift.

I know a bought the tires I have installed 33" tires on one of my other trucks with a rubbing problem and had to install a body lift that I was not to happy with. The ReadyLift Torsion Key Leveling kit states that it will give you 2.5" on lift in the front and retain the stock ride,
    They redesigned the Torsion keys to retain the stock ride and give you the lift the kit even comes with shock extensions. I was just checking to see if some has installed this on their truck and how it worked out. The kit is a good $100 more than just changing out the Key’s like popping in Ford Key’s.
    Steve

Default Rancho Leveling kit

Has anyone tried the Rancho Quick-Lift? I am thinking about putting it on my 2007 Z71 Silverado 1500.

According to the application list the quick-lift will not work on the Z71

I have an 02 sierra extenderd cab as well.

My question is, is cutting differential mount common on lift kits? Im gonna be ordering my lift kit through rc, but it says to cut the frame and differential mount. Is it common.

Secondly, instead of block, what would be a good set of springs I could install to replace my existing one. And i've never added a leaf so i wouldn't want to mess with factory.

Im just worried about the drilling and cutting. Not sure if its only rc that does it... 4 inch lift btw.

Thumbs up

Well I had a local 4X4 shop install the ReadyLift Kit and still have the stock 20 inch rims with nito grapplers on and this kit did actually leave the ride the same and give me the 21/2 inches of lift in the front. I am unsure if I am even going to install 33” at this point because it looks great and rides great, but at this point if I want to I can because they will clear.
    Steve

Here is a picture after the leveling kit

Looks really good!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by