GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need some suggestions . S10 V8 Swap

Hey all,

Thinking about doing a V8 swap in a S10. Can any one give me some suggestions/help on what to get, what to look for, and how to start.

I will be building up a older 70 ish 350 block. I just had it redone and bored.I have built normal C10 but never a smaller truck. I am looking to build a street /strip truck. It needs to have the pollution controls "visible"

Questions:
    1- Is there years that are easier to do the swap with
    2- Does the rear need to be replaced
    3- Can you run the stock tranny in the S10 with some modications? or what tranny do people swap in.(auto)
    4- If I would get a manual can I run that set up? Or needs some upgrades.
    5- Best place to buy the swap parts?

Anything else you can think of would help! Oh gona run carb so I m leaning towards older S10s to get out of the computer stuff.

http://www.advanceadapters.com/
    they have a good selection and i believe the stock tranny should hold unless your putting a beast under the hood same goes for the rear
    Burnin' hard, loose, n', clean

Legend
    Blog Entries

Stylin Concepts has an actual V-8 conversion kit, that has the necessary adapter plates and engine mounts for a V-8 conversion. It includes all kinds of other stuff, including radiator, fans and some other stuff.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Here's a site that I have bought some things from in the past. Great products.http://www.jagsthatrun.com/

back when i was 19, i bought a brand new iroc z, i was on top of the world, driving out to the country, and there was a single lane bridge we crossed,then a car turning to the left in front as i hear this tremendous skid, then i hear the broken up idling of a healthy motor,

its in an s-10 must of been an 85 because my car was a new 87 and his truck was close to current,

so now this guy who is trying to pass had to stand on his brakes as the car turned right in front of him.

so all i can hear is thump thump as i am 1/2 laughing 1/2 holy crappin, the lane clears and he just lights them right up, i was impressed by that and since then have always wanted to do one

post up pics as ya go

Thanks for all the links. ANy suggestions on what to start with? Manual/ Auto , Original engine size. I see some people use the 6 cylinder to start out with , front cois are heavier?

Any other help is appreciated. I am going to look at the sites to see if Ican get a list of parts I need. if you already have this can you send it to me?