GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Great video infrared view of the Pinatubo eruption here: Link
    See the story of the draining of the crater lake at Pinatubo: CNN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount_pinatubo.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	76
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Default Chevy versues Ford

During one of our famous ski trips to the lovely Bend, Oregon area, my friend and I had about 8 people with us decided to go off road on a snowmobile trail (don't recommend it snowmobilers don't really like it), and I was driving a 1997 Chevy Tahoe and my friend had his brand new 2006 Ford F350 quad cab. So we are bouncing around in about 4 feet of snow when all of a sudden we decide to turn around. My buddy in the middle of his turn buried the whole front end of his truck in the snow. Then it was my turn. I ended up getting the whole right side of the Tahoe buried up to the door. So we get out and start digging out the Tahoe, which was easier to get to then the truck. The Tahoe was free and here comes the best part. We get the tow strap out and her in the middle of a winter wonderland a Chevy Tahoe is pulling out a Ford F350 Quad Cab, it was beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMonteith View Post
    During one of our famous ski trips to the lovely Bend, Oregon area, my friend and I had about 8 people with us decided to go off road on a snowmobile trail (don't recommend it snowmobilers don't really like it), and I was driving a 1997 Chevy Tahoe and my friend had his brand new 2006 Ford F350 quad cab. So we are bouncing around in about 4 feet of snow when all of a sudden we decide to turn around. My buddy in the middle of his turn buried the whole front end of his truck in the snow. Then it was my turn. I ended up getting the whole right side of the Tahoe buried up to the door. So we get out and start digging out the Tahoe, which was easier to get to then the truck. The Tahoe was free and here comes the best part. We get the tow strap out and her in the middle of a winter wonderland a Chevy Tahoe is pulling out a Ford F350 Quad Cab, it was beautiful!
    That's too funny. I'd love to be able to spend some winters up in that area. Maybe next year or so we'll take a winter road trip.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RedMonteith View Post
    It always makes me feel good to hear a story of how a Chevy guy got to help out one of his misguided friends that bought a Ford.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Default @ Work stuck story

We just started using Ford only at work (Nice) any way a co-worker and I pull up to a cut main line cable in a street being rebuilt (sand layer) so he pulls up on sand and me behind (I'm in GMC and him in Ford) We fix the cable and go to pull away, the 06 Ford ain't moving. By the time I got out to see what was going on. He was already up to the axel. So I go over to dozer ask the guy to give him a push. Now I have to get mine out of the way. Oh ya you guessed it. The 99 GMC rolls on like a champ. Parked my van out of way to go back and laugh at my co-worker... what are co-workers for...

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I can imagine that must have been a little unsettling.
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying my new Silverado, can't wait to fix it up with stuff.

Yeah, it was unsettling driving to see my car submerged so low into the water. Several cars did get stranded in the river, so I was one of the lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Not too many people can put together a story about a Volcano, wiped out bridges and the need to cross a river.
    Although it was a destructive eruption, to this day I'm glad I am around to tell about it.

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Great video infrared view of the Pinatubo eruption here: Link
    See the story of the draining of the crater lake at Pinatubo: CNN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount_pinatubo.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	76
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing those links.

The satellite imagery is of particular interest to me because I'm a weather guesser in the Air Force.

My story happened a few years ago, my friends wanted to go wheeling up in the woods, so I went along with them. It was a party spot that everybody knows about (especially the cops). Well we crossed the small creek and made our way down a fairly small hill, keep in mind this was in the middle of winter. My friend with his '78 stepside chevy on 40's went through the ruts that were previously there while the rest of us spun cookies and threw mud at each other. Well 10:00 pm came around and we decided it was time to go home. The '78 chevy was the first one to leave. He made some pretty narly ruts. I ended up bein the last one out and at the time I was driving a '98 dodge 1500 (big mistake). I didn't make it up the first try so tried again only to get stuck on a stump. He tried winching me out and burnt his winch up. We didn't want to leave my truck up there all night to get broke into so they gave me a ride to our farm to get our monster John Deere tractor. Bombin up through the woods at 2 a.m. with a big tractor tends to attract attention. We finally got my truck out after forging a trail with the tractor lol. Most memorable trip ever!
    Mike - OREGON

2001 chevy silverado 4x4. 5.3L, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 35" Toyo MT's, 17" Weld Racing wheels, arma coating on rocker panels. No exhaust after cat. Pioneer stereo

Legend

Myself and a few others guys in my guard unit were bored so we took out a HUMVEE and decided to see the local country side, we found some nice muddy trails and were flying along when all of a sudden one came into a compost and a little bumb in the road and about 3 feet in the air and splash into a hole filled with murky water and mud smelling of the worst poop smell ever! we were buried up to the top of the tires. We jumped a dozer that was there and eventually got her out of the smelly muck and back to the unit, as we pulled in with mud and crap still clinging and some flying off the tires still, our first sgt came out and cught us parking it. He couldnt help but laugh being that we were all waist deep in the muck trying to pull it out, so new uniforms and 12 other HUMVEEs washed that day we were off the hook
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Jr. Mechanic

Thumbs up Stuck Stories

My story goes back to 1978 when, here in Michigan, we had the perfect snowstorm and blizzard hit. Everything was pretty much at a stand still and I was working for a police department as a civilian dispatcher. We need to get the shifts of officers switched out and only two of us employees ( both civilians) had 4 wheelers. It was either volunteer or the Chief said he would take them under the cities emergency acts. So Tom in his 78 Blazer and me in my 76 Blazer went off to swap out the officers. As I got to where I was to pick up two guys, the road was blocked by a wind row of snow. I tried getting through it only to get hung up on the frame with all wheels off the ground. Along comes three teenagers on snowmobiles and after some hard pulling, they managed to get me free. We did manage to get all the officers taken care of and did the same for several hospitals as well as a couple of emergency runs before the National Guard mobilized and came in with tracked and 6X6 trucks. My 76 Blazer was incredible that 24hr period. I was amazed how well it went through some very deep and heavy snow. It would have made it through the wind row if the plow trucks hadn't packed the snow hard and it was hidden under fresh snow. Love my Chevy Trucks
    2001 Tahoe LT W/98K

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast