GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Ground Clearance 2009 Sub

I know this must get old for you guys, but I've read a lot of threads and haven't come up with what I'm looking for.

My 2009 Suburban LT is used for a daily driver, but also for water rescue POV. I am also an avid hunter. Last fall, I found that I was knocking the front air dam lower black lip off the clips running up in the mountains on fire roads through dips. I need some lift, but don't want to ruin the looks of the stock vehicle by going overboard with it.

So, will just going with bigger tires look stupid without a lift? Can I get an inch out of new tires and then add another 2" from a body lift? Or, does it make more sense to do just the suspension? But, then do the stock tires look too small?

I'll also be adding a brush guard and skid plate. Is it possible to keep the air dam lip in place with a brush guard?

Sorry for all the questions. You guys are the experts. Pictures of your late model Subs with different types of lift kits/tires in the 2" to 3" range would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suburban.jpg   DSC06349 [800x600].jpg  

Cool Ground Clearance 2009 sub

ReadyLift makes a nice 2.5frt and 1.5rear lift for you Burb, part #69-3015. You can run up to a 33" tire with it. This is a suspension lift and not a body lift.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    ReadyLift makes a nice 2.5frt and 1.5rear lift for you Burb, part #69-3015. You can run up to a 33" tire with it. This is a suspension lift and not a body lift.
    I recommend going this route as well. You will probably get close to 3-4" of lift between the tires and lift combined.

And I agree with ya man. Those new burbs and tahoes are real low in the front. Not many of em get off the pavement
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Thanks guys. I'll look into that kit.