GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Almost new but not really...

I have been a member since 2005. I think I was one of the first 10 or so I don't remember but I had never posted a Thread or commented until just recently. I have "revisited" this site after a long absence and realized what I was missing. I am looking forward to giving and getting opinions. I am currently the proud owner of a 1999 GMC Yukon SLT. With heated leather seats, autotrac 4wd, a tried and true Vortec 350, and a killer look you can't go wrong. It is the BEST vehicle i have owned. I would sell my brand new Honda motorcycle before I sold my Yukon. It has about 104K miles on it and short of my recent Distributor cap woes I have never had anything wrong with it, other than regular wear items(brakes, fluids, tires etc.) I also have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT, it is all stock and thats the way my wife loves it. Her favorite things about it are the steering wheel controls, sunroof, and dual climate control. Finaly Non-GM Honorable Mention: 2006 Honda VFR Interceptor I love this bike fast sleek and beautiful but also fairly comfortable to ride. 1973 Jeep CJ-5 my first love. This was my first car. It has a 304 AMC V8, a three speed manual transmission, 4WD (obviously), and a PTO Ramsey winch. My father and I did a complete body-off restoration while I was in High School and It is about ready for a second wave of fixes(cosmetic). Anyway sorry if i went on too long.
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    I have been a member since 2005. I think I was one of the first 10 or so I don't remember but I had never posted a Thread or commented until just recently. I have "revisited" this site after a long absence and realized what I was missing. I am looking forward to giving and getting opinions. I am currently the proud owner of a 1999 GMC Yukon SLT. With heated leather seats, autotrac 4wd, a tried and true Vortec 350, and a killer look you can't go wrong. It is the BEST vehicle i have owned. I would sell my brand new Honda motorcycle before I sold my Yukon. It has about 104K miles on it and short of my recent Distributor cap woes I have never had anything wrong with it, other than regular wear items(brakes, fluids, tires etc.) I also have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT, it is all stock and thats the way my wife loves it. Her favorite things about it are the steering wheel controls, sunroof, and dual climate control. Finaly Non-GM Honorable Mention: 2006 Honda VFR Interceptor I love this bike fast sleek and beautiful but also fairly comfortable to ride. 1973 Jeep CJ-5 my first love. This was my first car. It has a 304 AMC V8, a three speed manual transmission, 4WD (obviously), and a PTO Ramsey winch. My father and I did a complete body-off restoration while I was in High School and It is about ready for a second wave of fixes(cosmetic). Anyway sorry if i went on too long.
    Welcome back to the club!!

I love those Honda interceptors! I wouldn't mind owning one, but the wife won't let me get another. She guilted me into getting rid of my '78 Honda 750 Four, saying "What if something happens, then your son will grow up without you." Yeah, thanks for the lovely thought. Apparently my daughter doesn't count since she had already spent 13 years with me in her life.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

My wife and I have only been married a year and a half and don't have kids yet so her comment to me when I told her I was looking at them was (though she denies it every day...) "If you are going to get one of those sport bikes, you'd better do it now." That was on a Thursday and I came home with it Saturday. Now she loves riding with me almost ever sunday!!(weather permitting). I guess I should mention that I had grandfathered into the marriage a 2003 Honda Shadow so it wasn't a completely new thing...
    Last edited by GWAGON_99; 02-20-2007 at 10:31 PM.
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

Hey Jay from Bedford, welcome back. A fellow biker too. I don't have one right now but wife says when I'm done reno on house I can go ahead...
    Previous bikes 81 Virago, 85 Magna and 75 Harley Shovelhead.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E