GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GMC Acadia question

Hello All. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the suspension on the Acadia crossover. I looked on the sub forum here and there doesnít seem to be very much in the way of activity. A lady friend of mine who lives about 500 miles north of me has a 2007 and is having some problems with tires and tire clearance on some upsized BFG All Terrain KOís she purchased. The stock size they came with was 255/60/18 and she went to 265ís at the first tire switch. She got the bigger and aggressive tires due to the very harsh road conditions in the area, the OEM tires were just not up to the terrain in far northern Canada, blow outs and stuck in the deep snow and ice so she went with the aggressive treads. Now the dealership is telling her that these tires are kicking up too much stones and rubbing on her strut which doesnít sound right as the treads arenít big enough to kick up very big stones and the tires arenít wider. The cost of swapping out her rubber is probably between $1200 to $1600 for tires that are up to the northern conditions. I was thinking a leveling kit would solve any clearance problems but I canít seem to find strut spacers or any kind of leveling kit for the Acadia online so Iím wondering if any of the more knowledgeable members had any advice? Thanks in advance for all suggestions

1997 GMC Sierra SLT
    Debadged/demolded, Billet Grille, JBA s/s shorty headers, Magnaflow true duals, Magnaflow cats, K & N FIPK, Stainless nerf bars, Drop Center bumper, RCX 4" lift, XD Hoss Black, 33" DC Mud Country, Bushwacker flares, Black Bear tuned

I can't say that I have heard of any leveling kit or lifts available for the Acadia yet.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    I can't say that I have heard of any leveling kit or lifts available for the Acadia yet.
    Thanks Pete95Sierra, I couldnt find anything either. She's on an extended warranty too so I dont know if any suspension mods are really an option for her but it was a thought