GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: hit a pothole

Default hit a pothole

Hey guys im new to the forum so i am sorry if this is in the wrong section. But I was driving today and thanks to this lovely new england weather all the rain covered a giant pothole, which i drove right into. Now whenever i take a right hand turn my truck makes a grinding noise. I looked to see if i broke any linkages but saw nothing. Any ideas on what it could be?
    Thanks Guys!

u could have screwed up the wheel bearing, u need to get it checked out soon
    is it a 2wd or 4wd

u should definatly get the wheel bearing checked because when it completely breaks, ur SOL and ur tire can come off and the hub assembaly is going with it
    how big was the pot hole and how hard did u hit it

welp since the rain covered it all up i couldnt tell but i hit it pretty hard. i tried to go around it but someone was comming the other way so that didnt help much. If that is the case how much do you think it would be to fix? because i got the hub replaced not too long ago and it cost me around 200

it would be the same price, u cant change just the bearing, u have to change the whole hub

sounds good. thanks alot. ill let you know what was wrong when i go to the shop tomorrow