GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Stock fog lights

I know u can buy the whole kit with the bumper caps lights wires and switch for like 300 bucks for the 07-10 silverados but what about the install is it a plug and play or what. This dude at a dealership said i have to get my computer programmed to have fog lights?

Quote Originally Posted by ronniesk8 View Post
    I know u can buy the whole kit with the bumper caps lights wires and switch for like 300 bucks for the 07-10 silverados but what about the install is it a plug and play or what. This dude at a dealership said i have to get my computer programmed to have fog lights?
    No progamming required. Easy install as well. There is a short sub-harness in the kit (I have a GMC, do not know about Chev), headlight switch and the two fog lights. If you are going to install the DIC, it is good to do the foglights at the same time since the headlight switch is changed. Took less than 30 minutes to install.

wow only 30 minutes to insatll the fog lights how much was your kit

wow only 30 minutes to insatll the fog lights how much was your kit
    GM Accessories kit, $368CAD. Longest part was installing the wires across the front from left to right side.

Part numbers for the kit? My dealer is awefull about this stuff...Oh, I have the Silver Birtch paint... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf_shadow View Post
    Part numbers for the kit? My dealer is awefull about this stuff...Oh, I have the Silver Birtch paint... Thanks!
    You don't need your dealer to get the part numbers, you have internet. I use this site to look this stuff up.. http://v2.acc-gmc.ca/web/index.php?webaccess=E3A3485B9G

damn that site has alot of stuff but not my color lol i have the new black granite metalic

You can buy the OEM fog light and bulbs from several places on the web...the 2 fog lights will run right around 70 bucks each plus the bulbs.

You would have to buy the harness that connects to the bulbs from either a wrecked truck or from the dealer and wire it up via a switch....you will come in under 300 bucks that route.

5202 is the OEM bulb I believe.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

what about the bumper covers