GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Fender Flares

Default Fender Flares

I posted a thread in the commercial truck forum, but haven't gotten any responses.

I hate the stock fender flares I have now as they are about 1.5, to 2 inches too narrow. The front tires tend to sling mud onto the hood and I'm afraid I'm going to beat up my front bumper too.

Most people probably wouldn't care, but I plan on having this truck for a very long time if I can, so I want to do my best to protect the body and cab.

So, who knows where I can order two front fender flares that are wider than stock. Most come in kits of four, and I don't need the rears.

Thanks.

Nick
    2001 Chevy 3500HD, Cab and Chassis. 2wd, 8.1 liter vortex 8100 motor. 15000 lbs GVWR, 19.5 inch rims, and a 4L80E auto transmission.

Accessories.
    10 foot Rugby Dump bed with drop sides, Flink under tail-gate salt spreader, 9 foot Fisher trip edge plow, and central hydraulics ran by belt driven pump under the hood. And a bunch of strobe lights.

You can buy fenders from stylintrucks.com i belive, don't quote me on that though. Try bushwacker cut out, probably stick out farther then any other ones i've seen. Unless you want to get the rubber inserts that add another inch or two of coverage, kind of like the inner wheel well, that plastic/rubber, just extended out the wheel wells.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Those inserts might be the way to go. That would probably be the cheapest. My only other thought is that I'm not too fond of the gray fender flares and I could switch them over to black ones.

Through my searches on the flares I hadn't run across the inserts. Do you know who carries them???

Gambit, on the forum here has a truck our body style with the fenders i'm kind of talking about, his look a little more heavy duty then others i've seen though.

Check out stylintrucks.com.......you can get bushwacker fenderflares painted to match your truck!!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts