GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Bed Liners?

Hmmm.. I have a Line-X sprayed in mine. No Complaints, so far.
    -=Howie=-:sarcastic:

Its not the professional drivers I worry about. Its the Amateurs.
    1999 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab W/T 8'Bed, 350 Vortec 2wd "Ghost"

I got the drop in liner with rail caps from the dealer. I'm kicking myself in the rear for that. GM has the worst drop in liner I've ever seen, it slips all over the place and I'm sure it has already scratched the crap out of my bed.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

I highly recommend spray on liners. Durable and in my opinion the protection is unmatched.

If you plan on lining a small area with a can, go for it. As for the entire bed, I would rather take it in and have a shop spray it.

Post Best Spray on Bed Liner with a Low Cost Startup

Sometimes back I got my truck sprayed on with Spray on bedliner of Qwikliner.It took only few seconds to set & the quality of finish is awesome.I will definitely recommends qwikliner bed liners.

For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recomend the qwikliner bed liner.

Blog Entries

I saw an Avalanche with the cladding Line-x'd. I will definitely be following that example. So I did some looking into Line-x and they have some videos of logos being sprayed into the bed. They have a huge assortment of colors I guess. I would definitely recommend it. I have heard nothing but good about it.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

My truck came with the line-x liner in it and i'm glad it did, the spray in liners are way better than the old plastic drop in type, the only thing i'd change is i would have liked a color matched one.
    Adam

Post the qwikliner bed liner

I have Qwikliner on mine. In my opinion it has less to do with the name and everything to do with the person applying the product.
    I would visit the shops and look at freshly sprayed liners and start making my decision from there. I really don't think there is much difference in the product, however application is the key.

For the price, durability, function and application method, I highly recommend the qwikliner bed liner.

Post Bed liner available in market

I have qwikliner in my current truck and love it... Have not had of the other spray ins to compare it to though...

I like that it has a texture that is non-slip, but yet it is not rubbery, so if you are using the truck to carry dirt/mulch/gravel, like you would with a truck it is a very good surface to shovel and sweep stuff off of...

Jr. Mechanic

I have a 2003 with a plastic liner and it holds about two inches of water on front end. I got some plywood the other day that was being thrown out and even though I had it covered I knew unless I took extra care it would get ruined as it rained like a cow on a flat rock on the way home. I parked it on an incline with rear of truck bed lower than front and finally got to unload it yesterday and it was great and dry.

If I could sell the liner I would get the Line X stuff. Also before they put it on I would shoot holes w/ 45 in front of bed to allow water to drain out. Be careful of gas tank.=! ! ! !

Alternate plan is drill 1/2" holes and then drive tapered punch in holes from top to make it like the top of a funnel. They drain better than just regular holes.

If you really want to get nifty take some short sections of E Trac (like on walls of moving vans) and mount it on floor and side walls and get the furniture tie down straps and you will have a much better tie down system than the eye bolts. Then get it sprayed and all will match up.

I never thought of this till I got a enclosed motorcycle trailer at a trailer place in Ohio that was next door to a place that built moving vans. They asked me if I wanted E Trac and when they showed it to me I said yep and they went next door, got it and mounted it on inner walls and it has paid off like a champ time and again. I got some more short pieces and screwed them to plywood floor in several places. I have moved furniture and equipment etc and everything stays perfectly in place.

Thumbs up Spray on bedliner

I used the Qwikliner on my Jeep already and it worked out pretty good