GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Bed Liners?

Blog Entries

Hey guys! Great thread. About how much does a line-x liner cost to get done? I am looking into one for my truck but I am kinda low on cash at the moment. But I would really like one for when I throw the nasty muddy dirtbikes in it. It would be a lot easier to just spray the mud out with a hose and not have to worry about rust. I am going to google it right now too. Thanks!
    1996 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71
    -248000 miles
    -The legendary 350 small block V8 (5.7L)
    -Sound System with a 10'' kicker L5 sub and 1300W amp in a sealed box

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoBrett View Post
    Hey guys! Great thread. About how much does a line-x liner cost to get done? I am looking into one for my truck but I am kinda low on cash at the moment. But I would really like one for when I throw the nasty muddy dirtbikes in it. It would be a lot easier to just spray the mud out with a hose and not have to worry about rust. I am going to google it right now too. Thanks!
    The professional, spray-in liners (Line-X, Rhyno Liner, etc, etc) are about $400 per application, and they do all the prep work, and usually guarantee their stuff for life. So if you ever have an issue with it chipping or peeling, they will fix it for free.

I did the Heculiner, do-it-yourself, brush on/roll on kit and it's worked really well for about $130. It takes a few days to do the prep properly, and two do two or three coats, but the stuff seems to work really well, looks great and is grippy as hell! I can't speak too much about it's durability, as I've only had it in my truck for like 2 weeks, but I'll post up in a few months how it holds up. I too haul dirtbikes and all the associated crap that comes with it.

Here is my how-to thread on the Herculiner stuff:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20804

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply. I was looking into the herculiner and from what I read is its pretty durable stuff. Thats a pretty good deal. I saw one time that checker (like an advanced auto parts) had a special wher if you buy the herculiner kit you got a $50 gift card to the store. I think I am going to keep checking and see when they have it again. It was a monthly special. They you can do the whole thing and get a gift card to buy some new floormats or something. It seemed like a great deal. Also all te reviews I have seen say the herculiner is quality stuff. I think I am going to give it a shot when I get some extra money laying around.

Post spray on bedliner

I have been spraying QWIK Liner for about 2 years and find the product excellent. The ease of the product to work with and low odor is wonderful. QWIK Liner is everything it says it is! it's fast. QWIK Liner can be applied as fast as 1 hour from start to finish so customer satisfaction is very good, this included prep. Don't have to leave there vehicle over night they can pick it up the same day.

Default Rhino liner

Had mine sprayed in my 04' classic. I paid about $300, and have had nothing but great results from it. Not the best pic, but the liner is excellent. Best of luck.

Send To Phone

2012 Sierra - 5.3 Z71 - Afe cai, Rhino bedliner, 20% tint all around and 10% brow, 6k hid lows and fogs, Magnaflow catback, tinted tails and front sidemarkers.

I have a LineX in my Silverado its a great product
    2003 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab 100K

Default spray on liner

this is my first truck and I just got the plastic GM bed liner put in at the dealership and I really like it. Everyone seems to have horror stories about their plastic liners but I like the look as well and being able to slide things in and out easier. I had the spray on liner on my old jimmy and it sucked! it probably helped save the body in the long run but over all I wasn't happy with it, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I wont ever get that stuff again. I have some pic up of my jimmy with the spray on liner on the sides if you want to take a look. but good luck and hope what ever you decide works out for the best

S.BELFORD

2009 Silverado LT1: All Star Edition
    5.3 Liter V8 4x4

Factory:
    Locking Rear Differential
    3.73 Rear Axle
    Fog Lamps
    Factory Remote Start
    Locking Tailgate
    20" Wheels

Aftermarket:
    Rear Wheel House Liners
    Molded Mud Flaps
    Stainless Nurf Bars
    Driver Information Center
    20% Tinted Windows
    Low Profile Diamond Plate Tool Box
    GM Bed Liner
    Silver Birch Metallic Mirror Covers
    Silver Birch Metallic Vent Visors
    Flowmaster Super 40 (knock off)
    20" Wheels
    Bed Rail Protectors
    Extang Tonneau Cover

i dont have the spary on crap but i bought the Roll on bed liner kit by hurculiner and its been done for maybe a mounth and looks good and is still holding up

Default spray on bedliner

I used qwikliner spray on bedliner .Qwikliner spray on bedliner has a lifetime warranty against chipping , peeling or cracking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 174.jpg   177.jpg  

X2 on the LineX. It cot me $400 and I got a very professional job. It's almost bullet proof.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible