GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default DiabloSport Question

I'm looking into buying a Diablo Sport Predator for my silverado, and I know one of the features is that you can download the specs from the handheld to your P.C, however my question is, will it work with my Mac? It's not a make or break feature if it doenst, just would be nice. Anyone know?

Default Check this out

First off, I have a predator on my 02 z71 and it's AWESOME! I also have a 99 Vette and works for it too. The preloaded tunes that come on it are pretty good and make a fair difference in fuel econ and power, but, if you spend a little time and log some data with it then adjust, its like drivin a totally different vehicle. As for the mac question, I honestly dont know, but, if you go to their web-sit (www.diablosport.com) and register (fast and free), ask on the forum and you will get an answer very quickly, they have awesome forums and good support and explanations of all things tuning with the predator on there. If you have a newer vehicle, get the trinity, not much more money but a whole lot more features. Hope this helps some.

no... the diablosport software is Windows only....

so you'll need to run Windows on your MAC, using something like bootcamp or parallels desktop...

and when you get the predator, make sure you also buy the pc interface kit - which is the usb/serial cable and power adapter, so that you can connect it to your computer in order to update it to newer revisions if needed, download data logs, import/export tune files for when you want to get a custom tune, etc etc.

and, regarding downloading the "specs" from the predator to your computer... yes, you can download the tune files to your computer, but you can't do anything with them - i.e. you can view them or edit them... only diablosport CMR tuners (such as myself) that have diablo's CMR tuning software can open them, view them, edit them for custom tunes, etc etc.
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 04-03-2010 at 06:22 AM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

can you adjust for larger tires with the Diablo??
    2001 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Blakjax98 View Post
    can you adjust for larger tires with the Diablo??
    yes...

you can also adjust:

Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+/- 20%)

Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)

Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)

Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)

Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)

Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)

Speed Limiter

Rev Limiters

RPM Shift Points

MPH Up and Downshifts

Shift Timing

Shift Pressure

Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures

Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes

Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF

% torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF

Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF

Adjust for different injector size

Adjust COT enable temperature
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Cool Diablosport question

You can adjust for tires and gears changes along with many other adjustments.