GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Diablo sport

Default Diablo sport

what can i do with this chip? can i downlaod tunes form online can i plug this into my6 computer if so what can it show me??? help?

you can get certified people to write you a complete custom tune. There are a bunch of them on the DiabloSport forums, and you can find people near you to do it on the DiabloSport site. One of the best tuners (06MonteSS) is actually a member on here. You can log any of the parameters that it can show you, then plug it into your computer and view the logged data. The thing I like best about it is that you can turn off torque management, which gives you quite an increase in power because it stops the truck from cutting it out. It really is an amazing device, and im sure if you get one, you will enjoy it.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

so what exatly does torque managment do ? should i have it on or off does it increase power does it mess up my gas mileage

what the torque management does is it pulls the timing at the top and bottom of every gear, so you only have your full power potential in the mid range of each gear. I turned it off because it makes a lot more power available to accelerate. Torque management makes things a bit easier on your transmission because it cuts the power around every shift, but I have had it off for a few months now, and have not had any problems with the transmission. As long as you drive normally (ie. don't overuse your newly found power), the torque management won't change your fuel economy. With the Predator, the last thing you should do on every custom tune is to adjust your long term fuel trim. As long as you do this, any changes you make with it should either keep you economy where it is at, or slightly improve it.

what do i do to my fuel trim? this is my first expericnce with the chip if you cant tell lol

the predator comes with a couple preset tunes - a diablo performance tune, that is made for 91/93 octane fuel, and then also an 87 octane performance tune...

you can just plug the predator into your obd port and install one of the tunes as is, and just be on your way..

or, you can record a data log to see where your average long term fuel trims are at, and make a fueling adjustment with it to dial it in better - doing that will give you some quicker throttle response, acceleration, better pull, and better mileage...

and also, as was mentioned above, you can get a custom tune made specifically for your truck, by a diablosport CMR tuner, and you'll get even better performance.

thanks for the good words PMF! ;)
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    the predator comes with a couple preset tunes - a diablo performance tune, that is made for 91/93 octane fuel, and then also an 87 octane performance tune...

you can just plug the predator into your obd port and install one of the tunes as is, and just be on your way..

or, you can record a data log to see where your average long term fuel trims are at, and make a fueling adjustment with it to dial it in better - doing that will give you some quicker throttle response, acceleration, better pull, and better mileage...

and also, as was mentioned above, you can get a custom tune made specifically for your truck, by a diablosport CMR tuner, and you'll get even better performance.

thanks for the good words PMF! ;)
    no problem. I don't have one of your tunes, but have only heard good things. My truck is starting to nickel and dime me, and needs to be replaced, so I wont be spending the money on this one, but I will get a predator for my next one, and may very well buy a tune from you.