GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like the looks of the Ex-Cab better than the Crew-Cab besides the Stepside (Sportside) only came with the Ex-Cab. I think the looks of my truck would suck if it were a Crew-Cab. I'm with murdog94, I'm a fisherman and it's a great place to keep your rods and equipment. On another note why the hell did they quit making Stepsides? Chevy has always had a Stepside.
    Dennis aka Moose in Idaho
    2001 Silverado Ex-Cab 4x4
    Sportside (Stepside) 5.3L
    6" RCD Lift, 33" BFG All Terrains
    Bilstein Shocks, K&N Filter

i really wanted a 4 door but didnt like the smaller bed but i was gonna go with it but then i found an ext cab i relly liked for alot less at the dealership so i bought it . i still would like 4 doors but a big bed also. oh well when im older i will just have to get a diesel

i have a hd so i kinda have the best of both worlds. i have the crew cab which is awsome for when me and my friends go do thing and for hauling stuff inside, but since it is a hd, i also have the 6' box

One word, ok really 2 words, baby seat. I do haul once in awhile, but mostly short trips and if anything long, I just open the tailgate.

My '88 Burban came at the right price....FREE! A guy I knew wanted it out of the yard.
    Dana South Carolina

1986 V20 Suburban
    1988 V20 Suburban
    1995 Camaro convertable
    2003 Trailblazer LT
    :sign0196::wink2:

I have had 3 E/C in the past, the routine you have to go thru to let people in/out is ridiculous, but the Wife likes the E/C, sez the 4 door is too big.......I like the 4 door, but the new E/C has rear doors that open flush....which makes a huge difference, and power rear windows....another biggie. With that said, I probably still get the E/C if the Wife insists and not go thru losing another arguement
    *Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

I would go with 4 door crew due to the ease of doing a lot of things but try to get the longest bed available, not much difference in driving due to length unless you cant drive! LOL
    I cant think of many reasons to go with extended cab unless the stupid manufacturer doesnt make a longer bed for it & you need the space in the bed.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

have a regular cab i bought when it was just me and my two kids from my first marriage, now that i have married again and there are 3 more we have a suburban and a tahoe. I still have my silverado too incase i need to haul things with it. it's been too good of a truck to me not to keep it around and it's paid for too. So are the tahoe and suburban so we are payment free.

that's the truck with details about it

my tahoe is on that site too.

I have an ext. cab b/c I got it for a steal at the time. Used, of course. I would love to have a crew cab for the room, but i once worked at Wal-Mart and helped this guy load an entertainment center he had just bought. He had a crew cab and the box wouldn't fit in the bed...had to turn it on it's side and put in in cross ways. Of course, an Avalanche would be the best of both worlds...

My Wife wanted the Avalanche, but when I asked how she felt about opening it up and dropping a yard of Top Soil or Stone in it, she said "NO!", so the Avalanche was not going to happen
    *Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast