GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I got the extended cab because I rarely have more than two people in the truck for an extended trip. If you want the comfort of a car go bum a ride with somebody that has a car. Now that the back door on the extended cab folds against the bed the hassle is gone and it is no problem getting into the back area. I also needed the standard size bed and I really didn't think the short bed looked right on the crew.

Morgan
    2010 Silverado Ext. Cab LTZ 2 WD 6 ft bed
    5.3L 6 speed w\ 3.08 rear end
    Navigation Package
    Westin lighted boards
    Undercover SE tonneau cover
    It's a start!

Mine is a 1 ton 4 door long box. I got it with our 29 foot 5th wheel great for hauling the trailer family and gear.
    I'm a die hard Ford guy but I love this truck. I think trucks are the only thing all of the big 3 got right. just not all at the same time.
    and all fun aside don't knock an old Ford till you beat one to death I tried and did not succeed. LOL

I Love my truck
    Clyde - 1997 GMC 3500 4 door long box. 350CID. pulls a 29 foot 5th wheel trailer and my family on camping trips. :fighting0040:

Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I have a x cab not the 4 door had I know id hook up with a gal with 3 kids I would have got the 4 door.Dont get me wrong i love my truck but more room world have been good too.

I have a Crew Cab and I love it. The only thing I do not like about it is the size of the bed. It isn't long enough to put my four wheeler. But with the tailgate down and a bed extender (or straps) it works out just fine. I like the looks of a crew cab and the convenience of being able to open the back door w/o opening the front door first.
    Blake - Arkansas
    2007 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE (Work in Progress)

Blog Entries

I bought the crew cab knowing I would soon have to put a car seat back there. Good thing I went with it too. Plenty of room. I'd never go back to an Xcab.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by RVJ View Post
    I bought the Extended cab strictly for the looks. I rarely haul anyone in the rear and rarely haul anything in the box. I just happen to like the way it looks and it serves my purposes nicely.

Same here. I don't like the looks of a crew cab long box that much & I didn't need/want a long box... so that's why I went short x-cab.

Jr. Apprentice

I've had 2 extended cabs and just bought a crew cab. I will never own another extended cab. They are a royal pain in a parking lot! You have to push a shopping cart past the front door, open the front door so you can open the rear door, close the front door and then pull the cart back to unload. Trivial, maybe. But with a crew cab you not only get much more room inside but all you do is open the rear door and unload your cart. When I bought my new crew cab last week, the dealer tried selling me an extended cab and when I told him why I wasn't interested he said lots of people say the same thing and that more people buy a crew cab the second time around as opposed to an extended cab at their dealership.

Sr. Engineer

I have extended cab.
    I have 3 kids, 9, 5 and 4
    Mine is a '91 so no opening doors on the xtended cab part.
    Makes it harder to get the 4 and 5 yr old in and out....
    So I would say if you have that situation the crew cab would be the way to go.

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by t75atc View Post
    They are a royal pain in a parking lot! You have to push a shopping cart past the front door, open the front door so you can open the rear door, close the front door and then pull the cart back to unload.

Ahh, come on man, Just put your stuff in the trunk! jk.

I used to own a 1500 extended, and now own a 2500 crew cab. being the 2500 the shortbed is still the 6'5 bed and not the midget bed. Bought the 4 door cuz of family room. Im also kinda bigger is better, but the wife said hell no to the crew cab and 8 ft bed
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast