GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default scanner not reconizing hook up

when hook up obd11 scanner to my 2002 tahoe it says it is not connected. could it be the wires to the plug? or the computer it self? any help please.

Yes, somewhere within the realm of possibilities for what you are experiencing would be wiring to the connector or a fault inside the PCM itself. The most common cause I see mentioned is a blown fuse. On my '98, it is the cigarette lighter fuse that powers the diagnostic connector. I would suggests starting with the fuses to make sure all are intact.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

I had a problem like this one time ..... if i remember correctly, my check engine light came on, i went to a couple places to read/get the error code with an OBD (not sure specifically what kind) and the OBD kept saying to plug in the programmer, it wasn't even recognizing my truck when plugged in and nobody knew why ..... so i went home, disconnected my battery for ten minutes or so, plugged back in .... engine light never came on again, and never had a problem since.
    " Bow Tie Till I Die "

2003 Silverado Z71 1500 5.3L, K&N CAI Intake, FlowMaster American Thunder, Max Energy Hypertech, 6 in. SuperLift (Bracket Style), 20 in. Mazzi Hulks, 33 in. Open Country M/T, High Capacity Polished Rear-end Cover, Royal Purple Fluid Rear-End Fluid, Mobile 1 Motor Oil, Kenwood 7100 Deck, Rear-View Camera

1978 Blazer, 6 in. Skyjacker Lift, 36X13.50-16 Iroks, Black Steel Simulated Bead Lock Rims, SB 400 .... currently looking for DANA 60 front & 14-Bolt rear Axles

thanks for the reply. I will check the fuse.