GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Major Engine ISSUES!

Hey guys,

Alright a couple months back my A/C accesory belt on my 99 Silverado 5.3L snapped, and I only replaced it this friday. BUT.... now after replacing the accessory belt and reinstalling the serpentine belt my truck is acting funky! Now when I start the truck and put it into drive you can feel the transmission hard shift into gear. Then when you push the accelerator the truck hesitates, goes, hesitates, then finally goes and when it shifts into second you can really feel the hard shift. Then from 2-3 it does the same thing and almost feels as if it doesn't even shift into third.

I haven't gotten a chance to read the engine code and I will do that tonight and repost later. I was hoping someone would be able to suggest something off of that. I really can not afford a major repair right now so (im being a dreamer) and hoping it is a quick fix! Let me know anything you can suggest and I will repost later tonight the codes that I get.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention the truck has 125,xxx miles on it and has never had a major issue. I bought the truck when it had 90xxx on it and have serviced the tranny fluid twice inbetween then. It also just had a complete tune up at 110xxx miles from spark plugs, wires, etc. I also change the engine oil regularly with synthetic oils

Thanks

Alright I got the code and it is PO102= Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor low frequency.

This has to be the code because I have never had this code before, and after I cleared it, only this code came back on immediately.

CAn anyone help me out on how to fix this problem so I can get my truck back to working order

THANK YOU!

Nevermind, disregard the mass air flow sensor was just loose (almost disconnected). Put the sensor back on and the truck runs great again. Thank god!

Might have been because I didn't put it all the way back on after I installed the new belt

Quote Originally Posted by BajaMark View Post
    Nevermind, disregard the mass air flow sensor was just loose (almost disconnected). Put the sensor back on and the truck runs great again. Thank god!

Might have been because I didn't put it all the way back on after I installed the new belt

Gotta love it when things work out, glad to hear it wasn't anything serious.

glad ya got'r fix'd

I bought the truck when it had 90xxx on it and have serviced the tranny fluid twice inbetween then.
    no more tranny flush's from now on
    GM TECH

05 silverado shortbed