GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Do you have an iPhone, Smart Phone or other web Handheld Device?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I get on the web a lot

82 47.67%
  • Yes but I sometimes get on the web

26 15.12%
  • yes but I never get on the web

9 5.23%
  • No, but I will get one this year

12 6.98%
  • iPhone

31 18.02%
  • Smart Phone

40 23.26%
  • Other mobile handheld device

28 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Keep the responses coming in please. If you use a mobile device at all let me know. If you haven't used it becuase of performance/formatting then I'd like to know that too.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I'm using my blackberry. I like that it fits to me screen but I hate how bare it is, I would like to see some pics and maybe the most recent post in a section

Legend
    Blog Entries

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense Steve but the new mobile site sucks! I was so pi$$ed when I got on my Droid last night and I also have it as my home page and that came up, I was about ready to call Verizon Wireless and ask them if there was a bug with the web browser. The old page only took maybe 10 seconds to pull up on the broadband connection, I understand that not everyone has a fast phone but come on don't punish us all...........

I also have an IPhone for work, and I tried the site on it and it was a little better to use but not by much. It basically is an all text format, and there are no pretty pictures to look at. And In reality you have to wait longer with this new setup, because when you click the IMG link you have to wait for another screen to open and show you the picture.

Is it possible to make two versions that each user can choose how they want to open the site? Again sorry for the rant, but I'm not going on it until it's fixed LOL!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

yes, that was talked about in another post - to make two versions. that will take some time and research as this is actually something hard to do because of different standards and screen sizes. im doing research for work too on this.

i have nokia N82 with Wireless network but i dont use it ilike to site behind my laptop using mouse its more Comfortable
    ashes to ashes dust to dust:slap:

chevy tahoe 08 LT with sunroof
    cd changer leather seat ,20"wheels
    chrome full set 5.3 V8 back sensores
    4x2 fog lamps and full tint

Quote Originally Posted by shadowt_t View Post
    i have nokia N82 with Wireless network but i dont use it ilike to site behind my laptop using mouse its more Comfortable
    thats good to know - who uses and who doesnt. i am new to mobile surfing so im learning and believe that i am hooked.

Blog Entries

I've got a crackberry storm and the mobile site looks great on here! I'm used to this layout already though, the offroad club I'm in uses the same (site, server, whatever). Thanks for putting this together!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Big75 View Post
    I've got a crackberry storm and the mobile site looks great on here! I'm used to this layout already though, the offroad club I'm in uses the same (site, server, whatever). Thanks for putting this together!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yw. so it looks like the reviews are mixed overall, need more feedback on this so we get it right.

It works on my Blackberry 8820. No pictures but I was able to read and post without a problem. Thanks for all your hard work.

Morgan
    2010 Silverado Ext. Cab LTZ 2 WD 6 ft bed
    5.3L 6 speed w\ 3.08 rear end
    Navigation Package
    Westin lighted boards
    Undercover SE tonneau cover
    It's a start!

when i go to the site on my phone it comes up as it would on a computer but i had it bookmarked before the mobile site came out
    2008 silverado 4.8l 4x4, Flowmaster exhaust, smoke 3rd brake light , LT285/70r17 Cooper Discovery STT,