GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend

Default Disabling auto locks

I have a 99 LS Silverado and want the auto locks disabled, there isnt anything in the owners manual about it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I look in my wife's 02 Burb manual when she gets back. It should be the same process, right?
    It's a series of off-run-off-run, rub your left ear, spit east... something like that.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    I look in my wife's 02 Burb manual when she gets back. It should be the same process, right?
    It's a series of off-run-off-run, rub your left ear, spit east... something like that.
    Yep if it can be done... but you forgot to kick the left quarter panel with 5lbs of force.....

To be honest i dont think that you can disable that function since it is a safety feature, similar to the drivers air bag.. but i could be wrong.. I dont remeber anything in my 02 Silverados owner manual.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

i could do it on my old GP. On my brothers 01 it will open the doors when you turn the ignition off but mine stay locked even when the key is removed, its annoying as hell
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    i could do it on my old GP. On my brothers 01 it will open the doors when you turn the ignition off but mine stay locked even when the key is removed, its annoying as hell
    I see your point my F-150 did the same thing... quite irritating...
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

There is a way, it's a series of things, when you turn your key on but not start the engine, then it has to do with your turn signal, and brake pedal or something. My dad was just talking to me about this.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

I didn't think you could do this on the 99's. At least thats what i've been told. I have one and I'm not aware of it anyways. But if there was that'd be great

Dang my wife is busy - I finally got into her truck.

This is from the '02 Suburban manual. I don't know if it'll work for you, but lets hope so.

To turn off auto locks:
    With ignition OFF, pull multi-function switch toward you until flash-to-pass is activated, and hold during next step.

Turn key to RUN and OFF twice. With key in OFF, release the multi switch. Doors should lock then unlock.

Now turn your attention to the door panel power lock button - push the lock side twice.

That's it. My guess is, if you turn the key twice and let go of the multi switch, and nothing happens, it probably isn't set up the same.

Good luck gang,

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wow you dont have to do a line dance and burn a tree down???
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    Dang my wife is busy - I finally got into her truck.

This is from the '02 Suburban manual. I don't know if it'll work for you, but lets hope so.

To turn off auto locks:
    With ignition OFF, pull multi-function switch toward you until flash-to-pass is activated, and hold during next step.

Turn key to RUN and OFF twice. With key in OFF, release the multi switch. Doors should lock then unlock.

Now turn your attention to the door panel power lock button - push the lock side twice.

That's it. My guess is, if you turn the key twice and let go of the multi switch, and nothing happens, it probably isn't set up the same.

Good luck gang,
    I found this, it is similar to your function. It is for the 2000 Silverado. One of these should work.

1. Pull back on turn signal/multifunction lever, all the way toward you and hold it while performing the next step.

2. Begin with ignition in OFF, turn your key to ON. Return to OFF and turn to ON again. Then return it to OFF. Once you do this you will hear the lock switch lock and unlock.

3. You are now ready to program the auto locks.You will have 10 seconds to program once you release the turn signal/multifunction lever.

4. Press the unlock side of the lock switch on the driver's side door panel 3 times to turn off the atuo door lock feature. No doors will lock or unlock.

You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to ON.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast