GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Question Tips on washing/Drying Truck

I have a black truck and evertime i wash it there are always spots left... I tried 2 different chamois cloths, and was thinking about buying one of those squeegee things... I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to wash and dry a vehicle cause apparently i am just not good at it....
    CHEVY TIL I DIE.
    2009 Silverado Z71 LT/5.3/Flowmaster 40 Series/Volant/Diablosport
    2006 Trailblazer 4X4 LS

Past Rides:
    2001 GMC SIERRA 4x4 - Totaled
    99 Chevy Silverado 2x4 traded in

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

My uncle ownes a car wash and so ive detailed my fair share of vehicles in my day and once you get done washing your truck, immediatly dry it off with a micro- fiber towel until it is completely dry so you dont get water spots. Also go to car washes that have a water softener because they leave much less waterspots. And for they spots that you do find, there are products that take away water spots by simply spraying them on, then wiping off. Cant remember the name of the one that i use but its at AutoZone.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

I use Eagleone nanowax every time I wash. I let the truck air dry then go over it with the nanowax on a microfiber cloth and no more water spots. It's very simple to use, I use it on everything except the glass and tires. It doesn't leave a residue on plastics ( bumper cap, bed rails) cleans and protects the headlights really well and is great on chrome. The best thing is you can use it in direct sunlight on a hot surface. I can do the whole truck in about 45mins with very little effort, and for the next several days the truck can be wiped free of dust making it look like you just washed it. Also it makes it really easy to clean the bugs off the front end.

Adam

Blog Entries

excelent info! Thanks for the help! I will have to go pick up some of that nanowax today!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 09Z71BLKBST View Post
    I have a black truck and evertime i wash it there are always spots left... I tried 2 different chamois cloths, and was thinking about buying one of those squeegee things... I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to wash and dry a vehicle cause apparently i am just not good at it....
    Your supposed to wash these things????? Wow am i in trouble!!

I use a micro fiber cloth and was every so often with some off brand wax/Scratch remover.. I dont notice the spots on my truck.. I have had those water blades and they seem to work some but you will still be stuck drying with a cloth just not as much of the truck..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

One of the reasons i purchased a white truck.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

When you're done washing your truck, get all the water off as fast as possible. I've used one of those squeegee things, and they work good. But only on very smooth parts. Also, wash your truck in the shade, not in the sun. This will also help for the water droplets drying and leaving spots.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Blog Entries

i almost got white instead of black but i still think its worth it. I just gotta try these tips that the fellow members have offered up and i think i will be more than happy! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    One of the reasons i purchased a white truck.
    X2..............
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

I've got dark blue and getting all the water off quickly is the hardest part. I use a shamus and microfiber wipes. It's always a pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by