GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

I used that MR Clean car wash sprayer that has the filter cartridge. My truck is Silver, but it leaves no spots on the windows and I get roughly 2 months out of one of the filters.

Jr. Engineer

OKay the first thing that you want to do is wash your truck with the two bucket was method with grit gaurds and foam gun once this is done you want to use a pooling method(Watch vid included). After that you want to bring the truck in the shade and hit it with either a air compressoe or leaf blower to get all the water off as possible. Once this is done you want to hit the truck with detail spray this will neutrilize the hard water which cause spots on you paint. Next you want to dry the car with a waffle weave drying towel. Dont want to use chamois because they strach and dont do a good job at all.

How to wash and dry

Pooling method

Anymore question give me a hollor. this is the only way to get a spotless sratch free finish everytime.

Blog Entries

wow i love this forum! thanks for all the help ya'll!
    CHEVY TIL I DIE.
    2009 Silverado Z71 LT/5.3/Flowmaster 40 Series/Volant/Diablosport
    2006 Trailblazer 4X4 LS

Past Rides:
    2001 GMC SIERRA 4x4 - Totaled
    99 Chevy Silverado 2x4 traded in

I wash clean the go for a really fast drive around the block. doesn't work 100% but at least it's fun.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

One trick I've learned is to take the sprayer off the hose after I finish washing and run the hose water over the truck to help take large pools of water off the truck. Then I dry it. It works great on all colors.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    One trick I've learned is to take the sprayer off the hose after I finish washing and run the hose water over the truck to help take large pools of water off the truck. Then I dry it. It works great on all colors.

This is a great thing to do. It almost dries itself.

Blog Entries

i am gonna be trying the pooling method tomorrow! I cant wait to my truck shine!

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by 09Z71BLKBST View Post
    i am gonna be trying the pooling method tomorrow! I cant wait to my truck shine!

Have you ever tried Adams as a car car product? Also if you are interested in more detailing videos to make that truck really shine look up Junkman 2008 he make great how to learn vids with a brother in his garge production(lOL you will know what i mean if you watch some of his current ones). Aj is a great person and know exactly what he is talking about i have met him personally and the man does wonders.

I will post some pics later for ya to show the man at work.

Quote Originally Posted by 97chevz71 View Post
    Have you ever tried Adams as a car car product?
    I was checking out the Adams products online and was wondering what products you use mostly. It's tough to do a full detail as I try to clean my truck 3 to 4 times per month. I am looking at the packaged kits but am not sure which to buy.

Thanks for posting the vids. They have given me some ideas to better clean my truck and may also save me time.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    I was checking out the Adams products online and was wondering what products you use mostly. It's tough to do a full detail as I try to clean my truck 3 to 4 times per month. I am looking at the packaged kits but am not sure which to buy.

Thanks for posting the vids. They have given me some ideas to better clean my truck and may also save me time.

I use almost all of there products. BUt i would get a package with Detail spray, waterless wash, clay, vynl rubber and tire dressing and some form of wax whether it be there americana butter or super wax it just depends how much you want to spend. And towels, wash pad, and shampoo. But what i would do is call Ashley and tell her what you want and she can help you out and set you up with a personilized kit for you.