GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HELL YA! on the soft cover.I love mine,it keeps anything i haul dry,anything i keep in the box out of site,it can be rolled back in 1 minute,i can lock my tailgate so anything in the box is relatively safe,it looks good, is easy to keep clean and only cost me $325.00 canadian.I plan on purchasing the LINE X hard cover next year,but i'm totally happy with my soft cover so far.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I am from Curry Alabama. But i currently lay my head down in Iraq south of Baghdad

Cool

i really could go either way. i am thinking about getting one. but i will probably get one of the retractable styles so i don't have to remove it if i need to haul something that would stick out above the bed walls. but i do think it looks real nice on your truck.

I currently have the roll up tonneau cover that rolls into a canister at the front of the bed, works perfectly for me, roll it up if I have something big to carry (have carried my snowmobile with the cover rolled into the canister) and keeps stuff dry when its closed. I actually got it because previously I had nothing and when I drive on vacation this summer I wanted something to protect the luggage, and I'm not a big fan of caps.

Blog Entries

YAY! I have a Truxideo Truxsport soft cover and love it, easy to roll up and out of the way when I want to put my motorcycle in the back, locking mechanism with the cover so it makes it a little more difficult to just pop off and steal something, and really cleans up the looks of the truck. I love it, really worth the money in my mind.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

I am behind all the other guy's on the soft top. that is the only kind of tonneau cover I would buy. I haul a lot of stuff, and anything else would just be annoying. What do you guys think of this though?
    http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=30&r=1

'01 Chevrolet S10
    -custom air intake
    -painted dash
    -footwell lights
    -Strange Performance stickers
    -exhaust coming soon
    -Xplod Head Unit with iPod connectivity
    -12" Sony Xplod woofer
    -Majestic 400 watt amp, bridged

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
    :party:

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I am behind all the other guy's on the soft top. that is the only kind of tonneau cover I would buy. I haul a lot of stuff, and anything else would just be annoying. What do you guys think of this though?
    http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=30&r=1
    Thats an cool idea, but personally I like to have the tonneau or canopy as much for securing stuff in the box as keeping it dry, so I would never have any sort of soft cover. my next truck will either be an avalanche, or else I will get a BakFlip tonneau for it because it is a hard cover that you can fold right up at the front, and it takes up hardly any room for hauling taller objects. It blocks the back window when it is up, but that isnt that much of an inconvenience to me if I am already hauling something tall.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12