GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What kind of tonneau cover would you buy?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single piece (hard)

24 20.17%
  • Multiple piece (hard)

22 18.49%
  • Soft cover (with rail support)

53 44.54%
  • Soft cover (w/out rails)

11 9.24%
  • Custom made

2 1.68%
  • I don't need or want a tonneau cover

7 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonneau covers

I have an Access roll-up cover. I went this route so I could haul larger items without having to remove it. It's not 100% weatherproof, but it's pretty darn good for a roll-up, as long as the stake pockets are covered. It looks like it's similar to the Tuxedo brand. Had it for a few years and it still looks and works great! (We should all get commissions or somethin!)

i also have a access roll up works great and is weather proof with the tail gate seal

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by Irving10 View Post
    I have an Access roll-up cover. I went this route so I could haul larger items without having to remove it. It's not 100% weatherproof, but it's pretty darn good for a roll-up, as long as the stake pockets are covered. It looks like it's similar to the Tuxedo brand. Had it for a few years and it still looks and works great! (We should all get commissions or somethin!)
    I also had an Access on both my tacoma and plan on getting another for my Silverado!!!

Unless I find something better for storage and versitility!!!

2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 LT2
    FabTech 6" Lift with 20" XD wheels on 35" Toyos
    Billet Grill, Tinted Windows, GM Bed Liner,Hypertech programer, chrome door handels.

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    I will be buying this cover because it rolls up and the bows are flat instead of arched.
    I just bought an 06 Silverado and it came with a Lund International roll up tonneau cover. Looks to be good quality. Easy enough to roll up. It has 3 tubes in it to keep it somewhat rigid. The tubes aren't bows. It has velcro on the outside edges to seal it tight. Can't complain since it came with the truck.

Sr. Mechanic

I had a fiberglass ARE on my 2004 that I just traded off & liked the security it provided, however I am buying a soft cover (Extang Trifecta) due to ease of removal and access to the bed. Plus I got it off of CL for 100.00!!

I have the Undercover hard shell for my 05 Sierra Crew Cab. I really don't think I would have a truck without one now. Love the look, lockability, and the ease of removal. I had a color match fiberglass one on my 94 silverado and loved the look but it took two people to take it off.

I just picked a fiberglass tonneau cover in December. It was used but I only paid 200 for it and another 250 in parts for it to refurbish. so still not bad for one that typically costs 1000. I was just glad it was already the color of my truck.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

saving up for the retrax cover, i think they look awesome !

i have extang express cover and love it
    2006 Silverado 1500 ext cab 4x4

Diablo Predator Tuner
    Eagle alloy wheels 18x10
    Nittro Terra Grappler 325-60-18
    Express Tonneau cover
    Stainless Step Bars
    Skyjacker Leveling Kit
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    Corsa Catback Exhaust

Jr. Mechanic

I was going to get a retractable hard cover. I believe that they are the best all round choice for security, and ease of bed use.
    I like the LOOKS of the paint to match fiberglass the best, but I haul to much stuff to be taking it off all the time.
    But when push came to cash I went with a soft roll up from Tuxedo. The Low Pro QT. I am VERY happy with it..it leaves the stake holes open for use, and it rolls up in less than a minute. And if you have a locking tailgate then you can not release the trigger on the cover unless you drop the tailgate first.
    Granted, if someone has a knife and wants in, they are going to get in. But it came with a lifetime warranty on everything, including the material, and it cost me 1/3 as much as the retractable one I was going to buy. All in all I am happy with my selection.
    Good luck with your choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123