GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Need some opinons..whats next??

So I recently purchased a 2009 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3l flexfuel and it has the no fear package on it so its lifted with wheels. I just finished putting on an Airaid Intake and I did the hypertech max econ tuner.

I was curious as to what you guys thought would be a good next addition!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck.jpg  

looks pretty nasty so far, if i was you i would first maybe add some fender flares on it maybe add black fender well covers in the rear to match front and maybe do some bed protection, and just my opinion but i like cab lights, so that's all i would plan on doing so far if i was you good luck

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4

6.0L v8:great: 4L80E

2.5 in Daystar leveling keys

285/75/16s BFG ATs on HD wheels

Cab lights and tool box

headers is always a good addition!!!
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

I need to get some more pics. I have taken off a lot of the badges. I have thought about doing the black fender wells to match the front. Not too partial to the fender flares but honestly I have not seen many so I may change my mind once I start researching more. I will do a new bed liner pretty soon too I think, it has the one the dealership installs so its kind of the crappy plastic so I will wait until it's finally crappin out.

What kind of headers/exhaust really open of some power on these trucks?

you can pick from the following reputable brands: gibson, pace setter, jba, edelbrock. i have an 00 silverado w/ edelbrock shorty headers. it was well w/in my price range & i love it. it all depends if u want to get a full exhaust headers or shorty as well.

i'm sure there are other members on this forum that can probably comment on the other brands and the performance gains.

Nice looking truck, one thing though, I wouldn't wait to ditch the plastic bedliner. Moisture can build up and be trapped between it and the bed. I recommend replacing it with a spray on liner sach as Line-X or Rhino lining.
    Adam

I would do headers and exhaust, and spray in liner. lots of good companies and depends on budget. edelbrock is good and cheaper. banks makes a full system I beleive but they are on the high end. JBA also makes good but expensive headers. other exhaust companies were listed above. Great looking truck
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback!

Are headers and exhaust any sort of good power adders for these trucks? Or is it mainly sound?

you get both sound and increase in hp. hp gain can vary from 10 - 25 hp for v8's.

Okay I was looking around and I can't really find the gains for many of them.

Are you saying they are going to be equal in respects to gains? Or is there a brand or two that get you better gains than the rest?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by