GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Banks or Volant CAI?

    I'm looking into getting a CAI for my '04 Sierra 5.3. The two brands that have caught my eye are Banks and Volant. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on which I should choose?


    '04 GMC Sierra 5.3 Z-71
    Magnaflow Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Banks CAI

  2. #2

    Cool banks or volant cai

    I have Banks in my 05 Z-71, best CAI I've ever had.

  3. #3

    Default

    I have Volant on my '05 Z71, best CAI I've ever had.
    Adam


  4. #4

    Default

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself, But to answer your question properly, either one would be a great choice, I can't really give any specifics about either one and most of the stuff you read are "manufacturer's claims" anyway, which if you believe those I have a bridge I can sell you. For the most part CAI's are pretty much all the same, so you can base your decision on any number of things such as price, looks, oiled or oilless, it's up to you. I chose Volant because I'd had one before, about 10 years ago, and back then they were pretty new and I like to be different! Plus I really like the looks of the new one's under the hood.


  5. #5
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Marcos
    Posts
    65

    Default

    The cheapest is to keep what you have. You can drill a few holes in the bottom for more flow, but you will never need anymore flow than what your stock system can deliver. The stock filter also pretty much filters out dust better than the aftermarket.
    2001 2500HD 4x4 8.1L/ally,CCSB,diablo with diablew tuned and too much to list....

  6. #6
    Jr. Engineer Jacqson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StevieBlues View Post
    I'm looking into getting a CAI for my '04 Sierra 5.3. The two brands that have caught my eye are Banks and Volant. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on which I should choose?
    I'd look at S&B. Great fit and awesome filtration.They have lots of Filter options as well.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

    "Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

    SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks for the input guys. I'm still not sure,guess I'll have to sleep on it a little more. This week I'm planning on buying a Diablosport Predator and whatever CAI on decide on.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself, But to answer your question properly, either one would be a great choice, I can't really give any specifics about either one and most of the stuff you read are "manufacturer's claims" anyway, which if you believe those I have a bridge I can sell you. For the most part CAI's are pretty much all the same, so you can base your decision on any number of things such as price, looks, oiled or oilless, it's up to you. I chose Volant because I'd had one before, about 10 years ago, and back then they were pretty new and I like to be different! Plus I really like the looks of the new one's under the hood.

    Yes,that Volant looks awfully purty under the hood!

  9. #9

    Default

    I was looking at the banks after you mentioned it, wasnt aware they made one for the newer gas trucks. Looks nice. When I have an extra 300 to 400 bucks I may snatch one up. Banks is very well known for their performance enhancements. A buddy of mine had a banks package on his dodge cummins, man that thing hauled ass, it was bad ass. he had the cai, programmer, exhaust and turbo gauges......and whatever else the package came with. It woke up his truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieBlues View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm still not sure,guess I'll have to sleep on it a little more. This week I'm planning on buying a Diablosport Predator and whatever CAI on decide on.
    2008 Silverado LTZ Crew 4x4 5.3L

    Stock 20 w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ 33's
    Navigation
    DVD
    HD Trailering
    Alumiknox Black Truck Box
    Bilstein 5100's Leveling Shocks

  10. #10

    Default

    Just ordered the Banks from Summit. It was close,though. I almost went with the Volant...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Feedback on Banks
    By Swatchvy in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 6
    Last: 03-30-2010, 01:35 PM
  2. Banks Ram Air
    By chevycamarado in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 1
    Last: 08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
  3. Anybody tried the new Banks programmer?
    By novaman64 in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 2
    Last: 06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
  4. New Banks Power intake
    By Bruiser76 in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 1
    Last: 11-07-2008, 10:59 PM
  5. Banks Exhaust?
    By 0321 in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 3
    Last: 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •