GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool banks or volant cai

You wont be sorry when you see and install the Banks.

be sure you take pictures and let us know how it you like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieBlues View Post
    Just ordered the Banks from Summit. It was close,though. I almost went with the Volant...
    2008 Silverado LTZ Crew 4x4 5.3L

Stock 20 w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ 33's
    Navigation
    DVD
    HD Trailering
    Alumiknox Black Truck Box
    Bilstein 5100's Leveling Shocks

I am looking for CAI, Exhaust in the near future and I'm leaning towards Banks for the CAI and either Banks or Flowmaster 50 series for me exhaust. Would really appreciate it if you updated us on what you think about the Banks and pictures if possible.

2007 Silverado VortecMAX R.I.P 24JUN2011
    2005 Honda VTX 1300R
    2008 Tahoe LTZ
    2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

For those of you running the Banks System, do any of you have any experience with their complete system ie intake, exhaust, programming? If so would you please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

BK

I installed the Banks CAI a while back on my 08. The filter is massive to say the least. The filter box lines up with the hole where the stock intake pulls the air, but it is also open on the bottom of the box, i guess if you wanted to add the scoop it is already setup for that. The area where the box for the filter opens to the bottom (for the scoop) falls inside a compartment that chevy has that is separates the engine compartment from the intake compartment ......hard to explain, but easy to identify when you remove the stock intake system. After I removed the stock intake.........I kind of wished I had just opted for the drop in filter for it, just because I think the drop in filter would give you almost all the effects of the aftermarket kit.

That being said after installing the banks cai I am happy, just not sure its worth the $300 bucks. Does give the truck a deeper sound and it seems to have helped a little with more get up and go. Didnt really affect my fuel economy one way or the other. If i drive on the freeway and stay 70 or below i can get around 20, which isnt bad for 4x4 with the 3.73 rear end. Problem is i rarely stay below 70.

I would think if you are going to get a programmer with custom tunes, you should see more gains with the cai.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12