GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default worst cars on the road

dont know if you have seen this, it was posted on yahoo.com
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...od=family-home
    say what they will, I'll never abandon my GM
    they can have their numbers and I'll keep my experiences
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Legend
    Blog Entries

I agree with that since it seems that they are always beating up on the Big three for any little thing but it takes an 8million car recall for anyone to say a word against Toyota.. Quite stupid...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I agree with that since it seems that they are always beating up on the Big three for any little thing but it takes an 8million car recall for anyone to say a word against Toyota.. Quite stupid...
    Amen. I'm tired of seeing the big three crapped on when the other car companies, in my opinion, get off free from any wrong doing. I had a 2001 honda civic which I bought because everybody always told me they go for 300,000 + miles. Well thats a load. Mine had to have a new tranny in it at 88,000 miles and has been nothing but a piece of crap. From now on its nothing but gm or an american nameplate. No more Jap traps for me.

1987 Chevy Suburban
    5.7 350 with Edelbrock Cam and Intake
    32x11.5x15 tires
    True Dual Series 40 Flowmaster exhaust
    Long Tube Headers

Legend
    Blog Entries

At least im not the only one who feels that way.....
    Last edited by murdog94; 04-11-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Default The only thing faulty is the stats....

I recently let my subscription to CR expire. It was my second subscription in an 8 year period. I was expecting\hoping for a more level and balanced review of products, especially automobiles. There reports influence a lot people and decisions are based on what people expect to be unbiased evaluations. Sadly, little had improved since 2002. I remember thinking that perhaps I was just a bit more self-conscience about how harsh our Grand Prix GTP was rated and how the "comparable" Toyota Camry was a much "better" purchase. The biggest hits against the GP were that the interour "looked cheap" and "it had way too much HP then anybody reasonably needed. DUH, That is why I bought it! I happen to be issued a Camry rental on a business trip and I have to say I spent a good portion of my driving time trying to figure out how the Camry's interior was not any less cheap then the GP. Look, I don't expect glowing reviews to reassure me of my purchase. GM did a poor job on upper manifold gaskets on the 3.8L, however the evaluation matrix used to gauge the results was at best flawed and at worst weighted. Given the details of the recent Toyota reliability issues and faulty design it is ludicrous to not show a measurable change in the numbers. Not much as changed at CR

Legend
    Blog Entries

I hear ya on that one. I am actually trying to get another car for my wife and we have been looking at the GP GTP and the look nicer and cleaner than any camery that i have ever looked at..
    And if any car suits a persons liking then it is good to go. But when it is very one sided quite ridiculous...
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    dont know if you have seen this, it was posted on yahoo.com
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...od=family-home
    say what they will, I'll never abandon my GM
    they can have their numbers and I'll keep my experiences
    the Escalade is probably more reliable than one of those Tundra (Toyota Tercel with a truck bed) ****boxes (Toyota Turdra). oh well, at least the Escalade will always be just about the best, most handsome looking Luxury SUV's on the road.

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

About the dodge nitro, Yea that thing sucks ass. My mom has a 2008 and the tranny is so f'ed up, its controlled by a computer. Today my mom accidentally killed that battery so i jumped it and when i drove it to the store it would not shift out of first i was like wtf, so my dad freaked out like everyone else if something happens in my possession but i fixed by disconnecting the battery and by that resetting the computer. I would have never bought this thing. And for the Ford F250 i think they under rated that truck a lil bit, My grandpa has a 2008 F250 and its an alright truck, nothing compared to a 5.9 dodge ofc. Its a nice luxury truck for a good value but the thing gets crappy mileage and it use's a liter of fuel to clean the "Exhaust Filter" which is the Catalytic converter that looks like a freakin turbine engine every 100-300 miles. The Engine and tranny are screwed up too, If you need to stomp on the pedal to move real fast it takes like 2 seconds for it to kick in because they dont want to cause "Black Smoke" which is a load of crap. To work on the engine for this truck they need to REMOVE THE WHOLE PASSENGER CAB. it also has 6 radiators in it.

1995 Chevy Silverado
    Fully loaded!!!
    4Wheel Drive
    5.7 Liter
    Blue
    Best Engine In The World!!!!!
    Once i had a nearly dead battery and was only able to get 1 slow crank per attempt, Once to the fifth crank she fired up! (True Story)

I'm sick of hearing about how GM sucks and toyota must have been built by God himself. I've had better luck with GM than anything I've ever driven. And I've driven enough from GM that I dotn think its luck anymore
    Last edited by ThatSilverStepside; 04-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.

i agree with the aveo (nothing more than a daewoo with a bowtie) and the colorado but the escalade is a good rig just far overpriced

their abunch of idiots who write that stuff

anybody read the 12 hiddin cost of home ownership or what ever they called it? i think they got a middle school class writing these things
    GM TECH

05 silverado shortbed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast