GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking My Truck Passeed

MY TRUCK PASSED INSPECTIONS AND EMMISSIONS AT THE DMV!!HAHA this is probubly the best day of my life:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Padraic O'Neill
    1990 Chevy K-1500
    305 5.0L short bed 4x4
    new tune up..synthetic oil only..turbo 400 3 speed trans, 10 bolt rear end just flushed both axles and added royal purple full synthetic gear oil...

Legend

Cool! Congrats.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Great! That whole vehicle inspection thing seems like a way to keep repair shops busy. Out here in Calee four neah (how Arnold says it) we have to pass emissions testing every two years, but no vehicle safety inspection. If you bring in a car that has a leaky transmission, brakes that are metal to metal and has a busted headlight.....as long as you pass the smog test you are ready to go. Aren't we lucky our air is clean!
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Great! That whole vehicle inspection thing seems like a way to keep repair shops busy. Out here in Calee four neah (how Arnold says it) we have to pass emissions testing every two years, but no vehicle safety inspection. If you bring in a car that has a leaky transmission, brakes that are metal to metal and has a busted headlight.....as long as you pass the smog test you are ready to go. Aren't we lucky our air is clean!
    That's because it doesn't matter if you can't stop before you smash into another car and kill someone. As long as you can take one final deep breath of clean air, so you can scream out oh Shi..... before you hit.

Actually the air where you are has to be better than other locations, right?
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Actually the air where you are has to be better than other locations, right?
    Yep, on a a clear day I can see Boron, Ca home to John A. Kostopoulus, 77-year old "King Of Toilet Seat Arts,"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CABORwave.jpg  
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

thanks everyone lol yeah some of these things that i have to go thru to get it to pass are kinda reduculus but o well not i get to drive her and show her off:D the truck failed twice before because the breaks and the tranny but i got those fixed ...
    Padraic O'Neill
    1990 Chevy K-1500
    305 5.0L short bed 4x4
    new tune up..synthetic oil only..turbo 400 3 speed trans, 10 bolt rear end just flushed both axles and added royal purple full synthetic gear oil...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Yep, on a a clear day I can see Boron, Ca home to John A. Kostopoulus, 77-year old "King Of Toilet Seat Arts,"
    I guess it's better that you can see his town, and not necessarily his house, or art. lol
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by mr.copenhagen View Post
    thanks everyone lol yeah some of these things that i have to go thru to get it to pass are kinda reduculus but o well not i get to drive her and show her off:D the truck failed twice before because the breaks and the tranny but i got those fixed ...
    Little bit of chewing tabacco, fresh shirt, arm out the window, stylin' and profilin'. Look out ladies here comes Copenhagen ;)

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by mr.copenhagen View Post
    MY TRUCK PASSED INSPECTIONS AND EMMISSIONS AT THE DMV!!HAHA this is probubly the best day of my life:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I have some of those days...Congrats
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

That's what I love about living in Montana. We don't need emmission or inspection tests. But congrats anyways.
    1990 Chevy Suburban (4WD)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast