GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Painted Cowl,Mirrors,Tailgate cap

I had the OEM mirrors, cowl and tailgate gate cap painted....really brings the rtuck together I think.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Looks good, i would have kept the chrome part of your mirrors chrome though. I think it would have looked great, just pop off the cap, and then paint everything else, then just pop the cap back on. What you got planned for the tailgate handle?
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Looks good, i would have kept the chrome part of your mirrors chrome though. I think it would have looked great, just pop off the cap, and then paint everything else, then just pop the cap back on. What you got planned for the tailgate handle?
    Hmmm. I didnt think about putting the chrome caps back on.....the tailgate and door handles are going to be shaved eventually.

I have to buy the flip kit and door poppers still.

Nice touches, I like it.
    Adam

Very nice.....i like it!!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Hmmm. I didnt think about putting the chrome caps back on.....the tailgate and door handles are going to be shaved eventually.

I have to buy the flip kit and door poppers still.
    Sounds good, i would really think that having the chrome back on the mirrors would make your truck look like a million bucks, i don't know, just that color and chrome, just makes the vehicle seem like it's worth so much more, and look so much better! Glad you like the outcome.

Dude i really like the outcome of this. kinda got me thinking hmmm...LOL

I would put the chrome caps back on as well. With that color and then the chrome caps, talking about knocking your eyes out...I think it really would look sharp.

just my humble opinion.

tim
    2003 Silverado 1500 5.3L Ext. Cab. Stepside.
    Pretty much factory for right now.:grrrrrr:

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by 03 Black Sunshine View Post
    Dude i really like the outcome of this. kinda got me thinking hmmm...LOL

I would put the chrome caps back on as well. With that color and then the chrome caps, talking about knocking your eyes out...I think it really would look sharp.

just my humble opinion.

tim
    Thanks for the positive feedback....I may have to see if they kept the chrome caps...even my wife said I should have put them back on...I am going to tell her you guys suggested it first however!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback....I may have to see if they kept the chrome caps...even my wife said I should have put them back on...I am going to tell her you guys suggested it first however!!!
    LOl

Tim

I have to agree with the other fellows. The chrome would look awesome on your truck. Really make it stand out. Should look great when you shave the handles of the truck.

1987 Chevy Suburban
    5.7 350 with Edelbrock Cam and Intake
    32x11.5x15 tires
    True Dual Series 40 Flowmaster exhaust
    Long Tube Headers