GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Hey Jason, spacers work well on carbed engines, but the general consensus is that they don't work on FI engines.
    Yeah that's what I was pretty much getting at. For tuned port, There might be slight measurable differences if you had the tools to actually tell, but $ to gain is no contest. Really if you care that much about your plenum volume, then you should have the right intake and not need a spacer. As 1LOW4x4 said, Money best spent elsewhere.

Now I still think there is some benefit on TBI, just not as much or as necessary as with a carb, but still some value nonetheless
    1986 Chevy G20 Tow Rig - 5.7 TBI conversion
    1978 Mustang II King Cobra Road Racer - Holley 650, MSD 6AL, 5 speed, 10 point Roll Cage, 9" posi, fuel cell, custom interior.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dualdj1 View Post
    Yeah that's what I was pretty much getting at. For tuned port,
    LOL Jason, My post was to the original poster who is Jason. I wouldn't presume to tell you about that, cuz you know more about that stuff than most of us here.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Just a clarification :D

the throttle space uses the same principle in adding height to your intake manifold in an old truck. It gives you more rev, fuel economy, and power. I had a 1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne 350 with a high rise intake, and it made the tach go to 6k rpm, when it originally was set for 5k from the factory. It does work. I am about to put one on my 04 Chevy Silverado, with a cold air intake.

Sr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by bradn4 View Post
    the throttle space uses the same principle in adding height to your intake manifold in an old truck. It gives you more rev, fuel economy, and power. I had a 1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne 350 with a high rise intake, and it made the tach go to 6k rpm, when it originally was set for 5k from the factory. It does work. I am about to put one on my 04 Chevy Silverado, with a cold air intake.
    Two totally different engines, the TBS won't do anything for your 04.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

i have not tried a spacer nor bought one. but i saw a video that a guy had a 90 or 91 k5 blazer. that he had installed the tbi spacer on and reported that he did feel a pickup in power. though he did do a vortec head swap. wish somebody did a dyno run...

Default spacers do work

Quote Originally Posted by JennaBear View Post
    Two totally different engines, the TBS won't do anything for your 04.
    The only difference is that the throttle body is on its side, instead of on top. the engine it self has not changed since it was invented. the only different engine is a rotary engine, that is another story. the problem with people is that they will believe anything, until you put a vehicle on a dyno. they think a throttle body will do nothing to their vehicle. the only real problem with these new engines is that fuel has to be forced sideways instead of using more gravity with a top mounted throttle body. throttle body spacers do work... you have to look at the science behind them. I am super mechanically inclined, and i know for a fact that you add space between your intake and the engine, you will get more power, by creating a vortex and "sucking" more fuel and air into the engine... if you put a high rise intake, it does the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123